Thursday, January 31, 2013

Catherine Bailey

Catherine Bailey's blog is an excellent resource for writers and illustrators alike. There are so many great quality resources on this site that it's almost unbelievable. When I first looked (by looked I mean browsed quickly) at this site I was greatly deceived. There are short concise (but very informative) posts and I thought "oh hey there are links". Those links are invaluable for writers, but before you click on them read the posts!  They are informative, witty and just plain fun. You can check out her website here: http://crookedbook.blogspot.ca/

I got a giggle out of reading Catherine's blog. The most current post cracked me up (maybe a little more than it should have). The following post is a great interview with Anna Staniszewski. Catherine starts this interview with asking Anna about her favourite funny word. SPOILER ALERT: It's duck! Makes me wonder if she'd laugh at me... ha, ha, ha. Catherine makes for a wonderful interviewer. She asks the questions that we all really want to know, and allows those she interviews to really shine.

My favourite part of Catherine's blog is the resources she has for writer's and illustrators. She has listings for several publishers on her website. She also gives updates when she finds them about which publishers no longer accept work. Along with this Catherine gives links to blogs and other websites that will help writer's and illustrators on their path to becoming published. I especially love when she gives readers a glimpse into her own life, writing or otherwise.

There are so many layers to Catherine's blog. She does anything from book reviews, to resources all while letting you in to see what her life is like being a children's author. As there are layers to her blog there are to Catherine herself. She has been a professional researcher, a graphic designer and a Cartoon Network intern. All these wonderful things have helped to to create the great blog she has today. I highly recommend you check out her blog!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness.

    THANK YOU!!!!! Sorry, Didn't mean to shout - but I really appreciate your kind review. And now I must continue exploring your wonderful site, which itself is a fountain of awesome.

    -Catherine

    ReplyDelete