Today I'm going to write about Ed Emberley's massive drawing book collection. I don't take the word massive lightly either! Ed Emberley has created almost every type of drawing book a kid would ever need. There are of course the colour books. From green to orange, red to umm... whatever other colours there were - chances are that Ed Emberley had a book that matched your favourite colour.
Can you draw a triangle, a circle, a rectangle, and maybe some wavy lines? If your answer is yes, then you can draw anything in these books. Really, that's all there is to it! Want to do a bit more? Then he'll help there too!
The great thing about these books is that this is really the way an artist draws. Make basic shapes (in correct proportion) and connect them together to draw anything that can be imagined. It's a wonderful start to a kid's art education.
One of my favourite books (or was it part of a book?) was the book where there was a face making game. I believe there was dice that was rolled and the roller had to draw a part of a person. The end result was usually a very funny drawing.
I love these books so very much, and I hope that those who read this will pick up a copy (they have most new versions at the major booksellers). Even if there are no kids to give this to, it's good to pick up just for personal education. I'm going to make it my personal mission to collect as many of these as I can. Uh, for my son... yeah. Not for me, because I draw already!
A great big THANK YOU to Ed Emberley for creating these wonderful books!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.