Saturday, January 19, 2013

Because I Didn't Have Time

Today I didn't have time to come up with anything new. So today I'm going to post something I wrote back in University (all those many, many years ago). Note: It may have taken me longer to find this than it would have to come up with something new, oh well!


In Session

Read
          Quickly
Write
           Slowly
Sit
           Quietly
Snore
           Softly
Hear
            Deftly
Speak
            Timidly
Sketch
            Secretly
Leave
            Willingly
Stumble
            Slightly

Knowing tomorrow you will do it all again.

1 comment:

  1. I always think that a good poem evokes different emotions in people. (ooh, how pretentious I'm I?) So when I first read this, I was all, oh that's nice and then by the time I got to the last line, I was kinda depressed. Haha!

    Simple words can hold so much meaning for the individual and so what started of as a peaceful poem to me, ended up meaning something else, especially as I kept re-reading it...god, I need to get out more... :)

    ReplyDelete