Monday, January 21, 2013

But Not the Hippopotamus

"But Not the Hippopotamus" by Sandra Boynton is as silly and cute as it sounds. All the animals in this book get to do things, "but not the hippopotamus." I`ve read this lovely little book to my son more times than I care to remember. You know what? It's funny every time!

The character's are really well drawn and the colour scheme, though not saturated, is very appealing. The backgrounds are minimal which brings focus to the characters. Though these characters don't speak their personality shows through from the way they are drawn. 

There are many Sandra Boynton books that are wonderful. My son also loves "Barnyard Dance" and "Happy Birthday, Pookie", the reason why I chose this one is because it's the first one that I read to my son. It's also my favourite out of all of Sandra's books that I've read.

If you are looking for a great board book for the baby on your list pick this up. If you have no babies to buy for please check this book out anyway. I guarantee that you will at least get a smile out of it (and a giggle if you have any sense of humour... and yes it's your fault if you can't see the funny). It's at your local library or book store. No one has to know you don't know someone this age. It will be our little secret!



No comments:

Post a Comment