Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's Up Wednesday!

Everything is crazy right now, but good. Due to some problems at work my husband has to work extra shifts for the next few weeks, so I'm hiring someone to watch David one day a week. I hate to do it, but I have to have some time to work on my artwork. The person taking care of him is a lovely woman and her girls are great, so I know he's in good hands. 

What I'm Reading

Reading... what's that?

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

Moving into the big colouring books right now. I did a lot of drawings that I'm adding to the books Monday. I've also decided to do a few 2 page spreads so I will have to edit some of the other drawings. Nothing wrong with that, and I can always go back and do a second colouring book with the same monster characters. 

I realized when working on these that I didn't have a name for my characters. So instead of spending hours coming up with a name (it would have literally taken me hours) I'm having a contest to get a name. My husband will do the judging (he's a pretty good judge, too) and the winner will get a signed copy of the colouring book when I print it later this month. I'll also throw in a mini-colouring book for good measure! Want to enter? Go here: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2013/08/contest-annoucement.html

Every Day Possible
- Make things to sell in my Etsy shop cause I don't have anything done.
- Tell people things on the interwebs.

Today 8/21
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done

Thursday 8/22
- Work on scanning, editing and putting colouring book together for print. 

Friday 8/23
- Do more of all the things.
- Colour colouring book color.. er cover

Saturday 8/24
- Cuddle the boy.

Sunday 9/1
- Critique some manuscripts!
- Edit old manuscripts and maybe write a new one.

Monday 9/2
- Go to Guildford Family Place with the Kiddo.

Tuesday 9/3

- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date.
- Finish the preparations for the Colouring Book (with the new Title)!
- Blog Review!

Wednesday 9/4

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

Colouring books, because they're awesome!

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
David isn't sleeping well. I think he's teething so he's very much staying up most the night. Hopefully I can get some sleep in the next few days.

Working Out/Being Healthy 
This might still be happening. 

Ect.
I think I need a coffee. 


*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

No comments:

Post a Comment