Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What's Up Wednesday!

I've been busy, busy, busy lately! I've almost got my colouring book ready for print. With any luck I will be able to send it out for print tonight so I can get it in my shop for Saturday! I'm a bit worried about the cost of printing/shipping. Living in Canada so the shipping cost is pretty expensive (cost me $5 to mail out 6 mini books to a friend in the States). Hopefully I can find a good middle ground for price. I'm 20 minutes from the border, so it may make sense to ship it in the States.

What I'm Reading

Not much right now. Mostly tweets and facebook postings. I'll be able to "rest" a bit once I get my Etsy shop up and will read then.

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

Some of my drawings for my colouring book were underwhelming, so I went in and reworked about 14 of the drawings then. I just have to plunk them into InDesign (maybe add a bit of text to some pages) and send them off for an initial printing. If all goes well I'll be able to send out Ashley's copy by Monday. Congrats again to you. You can see the really annoying contest announcement here: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2013/08/and-winner-is.html

I may work on another colouring book soon, but I think I'll see how these do before I go gung ho on another project. I may just use my drawing time to do some portraits.

Every Day Possible
- Make things to sell in my Etsy shop cause I don't have anything done.
- Tell people more things on the interwebs.

Today 8/28
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done
- Finish up my InDesign layout of "The Pattern Pals" colouring book
- Start critiquing manuscripts

Thursday 8/29
- Price and add 1 thing to Etsy Shop (probably prints)
- Sketching portraits

Friday 8/30
- Colouring at least one portrait

Saturday 8/31
- Do something super awesome.
- Make sure Etsy Store is open.
- Have all of the manuscript's I've received critiqued. 

Sunday 8/25
- Do something

Monday 8/26
- Work on some serious art stuff!

Tuesday 8/27

- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date.
- Blog Review!

Wednesday 8/28

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

Colouring books, because they're awesome!
What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
Still no sleep from toddler. Hopefully things will get back to semi normal soon!

Working Out/Being Healthy 
I might do this.

Ect.
Still working on surviving while my husband works extra shifts!


*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your blog is AMAZING.

    I hope you find something super awesome to do for your Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it ridiculous that you are 20 mins from the US border, and shipping costs that much more? I thought we had trade agreements and so on...?

    You've got a pretty full week planned. I hope it all works out for you--including Saturday's awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to the both of you! It is crazy that it's so expensive to mail things over the border. It's also expensive to send things from providence to providence. I remember selling an extra video game on Amazon to someone in Ontario, and when all was said and done I was in the red, because the shipping credit did nothing!

    ReplyDelete