Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's Up Wednesday!


I DIDN'T DIE FROM MY COLD! I'm not so sick this week. Just a few lingering sinus problems. My son, on the other hand is teething, so it's hard to put him in bed at night. I didn't get a chance to do my blog review post yesterday during the day. At 11pm that night I was a bit distracted by my son crying in the bedroom (with daddy) so I decided to do the easy thing and post a painting that's about half way done.

What I'm Reading

I think I burnt out on reading Cassandra Clare. I might actually read something I have on my bookshelf. I don't know what it is, but if I get a book out of the library I'm way more likely to read it than if I own the book. I think it's just because you have to finish library book in a certain amount of time. I may start the Barbra Kingsolver novel I have "The Lacuna", but I might just lament the fact that I don't have her new novel.

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I didn't get to do any printing last weekend. I was far too sick (and I didn't want to get my friend Zarko sick). I have to finish all my printing this Friday so I can get my things into the promo bags. 

Other focuses this week will include doing some watercolour portraits for my website portfolio (three isn't enough!) and writing a story for this month's 12x12 submission. I may do something different this Friday... if I get around to doing some writing that is!

Every Day Possible
- Watercolour Portraits
- Interaction and following on all sorts of Social Media.

Today 7/3
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done
- Remember to do my monthly 12x12 check in on Julie Hedlund's blog

Thursday 7/4
- Maybe go out, maybe stay in. We'll see where the day takes us.
- Get all my design work set up in InDesign so I don't have to struggle Friday.

Friday 7/5
- Magically print everything I want to print.

Saturday 7/6

- Birthday Party!
- Type up a story to be critiqued this month 

Sunday 7/7
- Draft a query letter for submission.
- Edit at least one manuscript

Monday 7/8
- Drop off printing.

Tuesday 7/9

- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date.
- Write a blog review.

Wednesday 7/10

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

Coffee to combat my complete and utter lack of sleep.

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
Went in for a dental check up today and he had two cavities (knew about this before). Got a temporary filling on one. He'll have to get it fixed when he's older. 

Working Out/Being Healthy 
Was sick last week, so this week should be better. If nothing else there will be walks!

Ect.
There was something else, but I forget what it was!


*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your query drafting. That stage of the writing processes is exciting and kind of scary, but can also be really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your query writing. It's definitely an exciting time!

    Teething, ick. Hope that settles down soon.

    ReplyDelete