Friday, January 10, 2014

My Entry for the Tomie dePaola Illustration Award

As I mentioned yesterday I entered an Illustration for the Tomie dePaola Illustration Award. I didn't have much time to work on this and I may have gone a completely different way if I had more time! Having said that I'm very pleased what I came up with even though I didn't win. I'm so adding this to my portfolio. You can see the prompt here: http://www.scbwi.org/awards/tomie-depaola-award/ The poem that was to be illustrated is below. Please note that I did not write this poem.

Sneeze
A sneeze
Is a breeze
In
Your
Nose.


5 comments:

  1. I like your illustration, it has a bit of magical quality to it. The face is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Too bad Tomie didn't think so. Oh well there is always next time. Plus we can use our illustrations for our portfolios so that's never a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the rainbow breeze swirling from the nose. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contests are great for creating new works--love your background colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a much prettier version of what it is that actually comes out, lol! Great job!

    ReplyDelete