Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Painting of Me by Meg Miller

I know I posted a while ago about winning Meg Miller's Pre ReviMo contest. A couple days ago in the mail guess what I got? I got the original painting that Meg did herself of me! It is fantastic! As lovely as this painting looks here, I can not do it justice online.

To really appreciate this image you do have to see it in person. This image is 5 3/4" by 6". It is done on a wooden panel. I had trouble catching the colour just right in my scan. I have my laptop and a monitor next to my lap top and neither one is quite right. I'm not sure if you can tell from the image but the skin tone is actually the grain of the panel. Some of the finer details (like my nose) was done in graphite while the rest was done in acrylics. You might think that this scan is really grainy, but in truth that;s all Meg's fault. No, I'm not being mean, she used gold paint in this painting so any graininess is the light reflecting off of the paint.

I love that she uses gold in her painting! My mom uses gold when she uses water based paints as well. I think that using this paint is difficult because if you do it wrong you can end up with your painting looking gaudy. If you do it right like my Mom and Meg you end up making more depth and the colours just sing! Thank you, thank you, thank you Meg! I will treasure this painting. If you want to see more of Meg's work please go to: http://megmillerwrites.blogspot.ca/

Original Painting of Dani Duck by Meg Miller

2 comments:

  1. Now how cool is that? I want one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing gift. Love the portrait of you!

    ReplyDelete