Saturday, January 4, 2014

Goals Part 2

A couple of days ago I posted about my goals for the upcoming year. Now I'm going to write out some of the things I'm going to do in order to achieve these goals. I think I'm going to break this post up into several posts because there is so much for me to go over that I don't want to shove everything into a huge long post.

On a side note my husband's grandmother is actually doing better!

1. Make The Pattern Pals a Successful Weekly Web Comic

The Pattern Pals Web Comic

There is a lot of work that goes into making a web comic. I had hoped that I would have mine up and running sometime within the first week of January. It's going to take a bit longer than this, since I don't even have a web page up. My husband and I are both working on this project, but all the design/drawing work will be done by me. These are the things we need to do:
 
a) Get set up with a domain name/hosting site (I think I have the host and everything picked out) 
b) Figure out Wordpress and come up with a web page design (have ideas nothing solid)
c) Design the world around my characters (Scenery, Buildings, Objects, ect. - doing well with this)
d) Create costumes for some of my characters (have some of these done)
e) Continue creating more stories. We have almost 20 so far and I'd like a year's (52) worth to feel safe
f) Create pencil sketches for my webcomic
g) Ink and colour pages and get them up on the interwebs 

As you can see I have a ton of things left to do to get this project off the ground. It's been tough to work on projects since the new year, but I have a few days now so hopefully I can get things done. I'm planning on having my site set up and working (if not finishing) on the web page design this weekend.

I'm planning on making this be a weekly comic, so we will be doing 52 pages a year. I will be doing full pages and not just a strip, because I feel this is the best way to do our comic. It will be full-colour and probably digitally coloured and inked. 

I may start out by doing some introductory comics before actually starting the weekly comic itself. This comic will just be about the process of creating a web comic. This will have some of the characters from the comic itself, but not be part of the comic itself. 

Other than the comic itself I'd like to add a few other things into the webpage I'll be creating for my comic. Of course I'll still have The Pattern Pals toys available for sale on my Etsy site still, but there is so much more that I'd like to do. I'd like to work on bios and drawings of all The Pattern Pals on a separate page. I'm also thinking about doing colouring pages every now and again, as well as doing process drawings and anything else I can think of. I might also run a blog with updates to the page, but I'm not sure about this. If there is anything I'm missing I'll figure it out as I'm planning out my week with my "What's Up Wednesday!" posts.

That took a lot longer to talk about than I had originally planned. It's a good thing that I'm not talking about everything in one post. I hope that I can get to the third part of my goals tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment