Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's Up Wednesday!

Things are finally starting to shape up a bit for me. It's about time because January is quickly coming to a close. This whole month has been the ultimate never-ending Monday of this year. 

I did get to see "Catching Fire" Saturday. I loved it. It wasn't as good as the book (of course), but I enjoyed watching this movie. I may go back and re-read the series soon. The one thing I wish the movie had was more character development. The actors (mostly) were good. The costumes and special effects were good as well.

What I'm Reading
How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You - because I think she is plotting.

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I finally signed up for the 12 x 12 (12 picture books in 12 months). I wont necessarily have a manuscript for this month, (at least not one ready to submit) but I think I have a better chance of achieving my goals. I will be working on my illustration work as well. When I do submit to the agents I want to submit my illustration work as well as a picture book idea, so I need to get working. I will be talking about the 12 x 12 tomorrow and hopefully I can convince you to join!

Friday I will be posting my first interview. I'm really excited! I'm not quite sure who it will be (depending on if certain people get back to me) but I guarantee it will be fun! That reminds me... I need to send out a lot more questions to the great people who have agreed to be interviewed!

Every Day Possible
- The Pattern Pals Web Comic is COMING SOON!

Wed 01/29

- Post What's Up Wednesday Post - DONE

Thursday 01/30

- Likely having an insane day tomorrow.

Friday 01/31

- Working on the Web Comic among other projects

- MY FIRST INTERVIEW TODAY!

Saturday 02/02

- Seeing the 2nd Hunger Games Movie?

Sunday 02/03


- Send out another round of interview questions

Monday 02/04

- Just another Manic Monday

Tuesday 02/05

- Getting my blog review on.

- Toddler dance class!

Wednesday 02/06

- What's Up Wednesday! Post

What Inspires Me Right Now

Julie Hedlund and the 12 x 12!

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
Baby powder everywhere... enough said.

Ect.
My ReviMo mug is coming to me soon in the mail!

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

5 comments:

  1. How To Tell if Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You is such a great title for a book XD

    Have a great week! Looks like you've got lots planned ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed by people who illustrate and write. There's so much that goes into a picture book, especially a good one. Best of luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I got How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You for my brother for Christmas. :)

    Like Jaime, I'm always impressed by people who illustrate and write. I've attempted to draw some of my characters before, and, well...heh. I love art. I'm just not very good at it.

    I'm one of those who enjoyed the Hunger Games movie better than the book (I was never big on those books). I still need to see Catching Fire, though! I'm also planning to rewatch all the Harry Potter movies. I used to watch them feeling vaguely disgruntled even when they were good, because I always compared them to the books. Now I think I can go back and watch all the movies and appreciate them as movies. Also, the casting for both Hunger Games and Harry Potter was for the most part incredibly spot-on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the great comments! The early Harry Potter movies weren't as good as the later ones (mostly because of the directors). I wish there was more character development in Catching Fire for some of the characters that will be important in the next movie. The early Harry Potter movies didn't have some important character development that would have made the later movies better. I know that movies and books are different, but I hate the constant lack of character development in movies. Catching Fire was great even though I'm complaining! The only other problem I have is some costume design issues with secondary characters. Also AQUAMAN DIES! A very sad part of Catching Fire.

    ReplyDelete