Monday, January 6, 2014

Goals Part 4: Yes This is the Final Part

This is it. I'm not waiting another day to finish my goals. I feel like so much of the year has gone by already and I still haven't said where my blog is going this year! 

3. Improve My Blog
There are a lot of things I'd like to change about my blog. One thing I'll change soon is the background. None of the illustrations I worked on recently seem to work well in the background so I'll hold off on this. Content of the blog will change a bit. I've found that I just don't have time to do a story a week, but I think I'd like to do some silly poetry again. I'm also sticking to a few old favorites like What's Up Wednesday and Blog Reviews.

a) Keep up with "What's Up Wednesday" posts and Blog Reviews (Though blog reviews may end up being bi monthly.

b) Change the background and layout (somewhat) of the blog

c) Start doing author interviews weekly! I already have a bunch lined up... now to write questions

d) Do some weekly short & silly poetry

e) Post artwork or process sketches on a weekly basis

f) Add in other fun content as I create it!

I think this is a good list to start with. I have some other ideas for my blog, but I don't want to start announcing things that I have to quit a few weeks later. Hopefully I'll have other exciting things for you, so we'll see!


4. Increase My Presence in the Publishing World/Social Media
This goal is mainly so that I can connect better with people in the book community. It also extends to people who just like to read books, or are just cool people in general. There is nothing more fun than signing up for a conference or going to a festival and finding out one of your friends is there too!

a) More general tweeting! I've had such great conversations on Twitter so I just need to do it more 

b) Find time to participate in Twitter picture book chats like #kidlitart and kidlitchat

c) Find more groups to join on Facebook and Google+

d) Get rid of any social networks/online presence that aren't doing me any good.

e) Connect with more people on Facebook.

f) Get my web comic up and running!

I probably should have made this more of a sub goal than a goal. The fact that it ties in with most of my other goals is great. I hope that I can keep up with this in the coming year.

SO that's it now. All of my goals for this year. There is a lot, and if I only achieve a few of them then I'm still sitting pretty. If I do them all then I'm probably a robot and you should all fear me. Actually, fear me anyway. 

LOOK OUT 2014: HERE I COME!
(I'll be the one wearing the owl slippers)

2 comments:

  1. good luck Dani. hope you achieve your goals this year. see you in 12x12 and the other kidlit worlds we are occupying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Plan I know you will Crush this year!! !!! Yes!

    ReplyDelete