Thursday, October 24, 2013

What's Up Wed... er Today

I was so busy last week getting ready for my show that it was crazy. I didn't make any money at all off of any artwork (maybe had 20-30 people who visited). I did have a lady that was absolutely thrilled about my work, which was almost like a sale to me!

What I'm Reading

All the great posts over at Feed My Reads and Friends event! I got a copy of "The Cloud Diary" from Tony Gilbert and I believe that I have another one on the way as well.  

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I recently was asked to head Feed My Reads Canada! @FeedMyReadsCan In a nut shell it's a place to connect readers, authors and bloggers. If you have a book/writing event in Canada just tag or at @feedmyreadscan and I'll retweet it! There will also be great events like the Feed My Reads and Friend event that's currently going on through Sunday.

Fraser Stoopman heads @FeedMyReads and he's all about finding ways to get new authors known. It's not a pay service or anything like that. With this new event he's putting on it's a way for authors and bloggers to host and connect with other authors, bloggers, writers and readers. This is why I've agreed to help out, because I think it's a great way for people to get out there.

I'm not sure what all I'm going to do with Feed My Reads Canada, but I know I could use help. If you are interested in joining me please send me a message. Otherwise please follow at Feed My Reads Canada to help me out!

This week I'm getting ready for another Swap Meet. This one is pretty low key and I don't expect to make a ton of money, but I do hope to have fun. I better too because I'll have my toddler David with me. I'm also hosting Feed My Reads and Friends for two hours tonight 7pm-9pm right before David Lichty! There WILL BE A BIG GIVEAWAY so please tune in!

 Every Day Possible
- Getting ready for my show this Saturday!
- Remember that I have Twitter/Facebook and a life outside of these. 

Wed 10/23
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post delayed to Thursday

Today 10/24
- Hosting Feed My Reads and Friends 7pm-9pm and announcing a giveaway or three there! 

Friday 10/25
- Getting ready for my Swap Meet Saturday Morning

Saturday 10/26
- Swap Meet 
Fall Community Swap Meet 
Surrey Alliance Church
13474 96 Avenue
Surrey
Free admission
9:00am - 1:00pm

-Halloween Party!

Sunday 10/27
- A day of rest?

Monday 10/28
- Play with a terrible two toddler

Tuesday 10/29
- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date.
- Blog review
- More artwork this day!

Wednesday 10/30
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

The Feed My Reads Event.... very inspiring the way it's run right now. 

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
If I die anytime soon it will be from lack of sleep.

Working Out/Being Healthy 
I'm Sick

Ect.
I'm sick. Yes I had to say it twice.

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

No comments:

Post a Comment