Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Feed My Reads

I struggled a bit about which blog I wanted to blog about today. There are so many good ones out there that it's tough to decide! I decided today I'm not going to review a blog. Well there is a blog involved but it's much more than that. It's more of a concept, and maybe soon it could be a revolution! What am I talking about? Feed My Reads.

Feed My Reads is a Twitter account (https://twitter.com/FeedMyReads or @feedmyreads) created by Fraser Stoopman. The idea behind it was to create a community to bring authors and readers together. Unlike other similar accounts, where you have to pay to talk about your book, Feed My Reads is absolutely free. You follow Feed My Reads, and when it's found out that you are an author or an avid reader you'll get followed back. Interact and participate in the community, tweet about your books and chances are you'll get Feed My Reads retweeting your tweets.

I wouldn't call Feed My Reads a service. It's much more friendly and open than that. It's more like having a friend, who actually cares about you, helping you out and giving your book a chance to get seen. It's not just for writer's either, but bookworms, illustrators and bloggers as well. There is real interaction here and you aren't a number you are a person. For me, I tend to try to only follow people who interact with their followers and has good content. Feed My Reads has both! If you want to learn about new authors just starting out, or events in your area, then Feed My Reads is the place to go.

It just started out with one person, Fraser Stoopman/Feed My Reads, hanging out with authors and readers, and it's grown into a family. Feed My Reads is growing and now there are lots of Feed My Reads starting out all over the world. I should probably state that I am handling Feed My Reads Canada right now! https://twitter.com/FeedmyReadsCAN or @feedmyreadscan. If you are interested in helping me out with this please let me know!

Like I said, Feed My Reads is starting to travel the globe. There are also Feed My Reads according to genre and age groups. There is one for book reviews, book bloggers, Fandoms, Nostalgia, Film, and I'm sure a few others that I can't remember. It may have started with just authors and readers in mind, but Illustrators, bloggers, and anyone in between can gain from participating in this community!

Recently there was a Facebook Event that was very successful. Authors and Bloggers got to post in one hour sessions and the rest of the community were able to ask them questions! There were giveaways and free time for the community to just hang out.

The newest thing for Feed My Reads (other than all the great new areas they are covering) is a Magazine! There are interviews, book reviews and a lot of surprises in store for us. To see a sample of what it will look like go here: http://feedmyreads.blogspot.ca/2013/10/feed-my-reads-magazine-small-sample-of.html If you are interested in the Facebook Page go here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Feed-My-Reads/363070023822001

I do hope you will take a look at Feed My Reads! I really think this might change the face of how people market their books, and will change the way we get our information. Thank you Fraser Stoopman for coming up with this. Please check this out and tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment