Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ashley Howland and Ghostnapped

The delay for me to write about Ashley's blog has been great indeed, but then again maybe that delay is a good thing. Ashley's Blog is called "Ghostnapped" and that's just a perfect name for a blog to review near Halloween! Though Ashley did write a scary book called "Ghostnapped" her blog is anything but scary! Check it out for yourself: http://ghostnapped.wordpress.com/

Along with her book "Ghostnapped" Ashley has a couple of other books highlighted on her blog. The other one that might fit in perfectly with Halloween coming up is: "The Homework Goblin" This book may be more Halloween-ish by name than scary, but it's still good fun. Probably the most important of these books is "Obi the Super Puppy and the Mystery of the Red Mist". I say this because the story is based on the life of a real dog that is very dear to Ashley's heart.

Ashley's blog is as much about her writing life as her personal life. Much of Ashley's personal (and professional) life is about dogs. Ashley is one of those people who is my hero. She's one of those people who has dedicated part of her life for working for a very special not for profit organization called Labs 'n Life. This organization helps train Labrador as companion dogs for autistic children.  How amazing is that? I wish I could say that I have done the same, but it's not easy choosing a job like this. 

"Obi the Super Puppy and the Mystery of the Red Mist" must be a fantastic book. I have not read this book yet, but the joy that is felt when you read about how Ashley talks about Obi is just so powerful. If you even get a fraction of that enthusiasm and joy from reading this book, then it is a must read. So why is this book the most important? Well it's about a very special dog to Ashley. The one in a million type of animal. I was lucky to have had two cats like this growing up. It's the type of amazing animal that everyone needs to know about. Unfortunately Obi is no longer with us, but the adorable Stitch is still here. While Obi was still here Ashley created this Facebook page for her faithful friend and his stories. July of this year took Obi away, but help keep him alive by liking her Facebook page dedicated to his books and life: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Obi-the-Super-Puppy/575191985848747 Okay I know it was a while ago but I'm still crying. I can't say I know how Ashley feels, but I've lost animals before and anything that keeps their memory alive is a good thing.

I really think Ashley's blog is one of the special blogs out there. This will probably date me a lot here, but I remember back to the show "Home Improvement". I don't remember what the episode was about but the term "unbridled enthusiasm" was brought up. I think it was mostly a joke at the time, but I think Ashley has a lot of unbridled enthusiasm. I mean this as a complement in this case. Whether Ashley is talking about her family, writing or dogs you can feel her enthusiasm in her posts. She is one of the people I can't imagine not becoming a well known author just based on the passion she has for life and writing. Please check out her blog and I'll post a few more places to follow her below!

Web page: http://ahowland.org/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorAshleyHowland

1 comment:

  1. Ghostnapped is a great title! On my way to check her out!

    ReplyDelete