Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ashley Bohmer Children's Writer

I've been waiting to do this one for a while! Today's blogger is Ashley Bohmer http://www.ashleybohmer.com/. She's a wonderful writer, and also she came up with the idea for the characters in my Coloring Book "The Pattern Pals". Ashley is a highly imaginative writer and much like the last Ashley I blogged about, she is also very enthusiastic! Ashley's blog has a lot of great information about the project's she's working on and good things about the writing life itself. She just started her blog back in August, but with her drive I'm sure she will be posting on her blog for years to come!

Ashley's blog has a lot of neat writing tidbits on it. Her "10 Things I’ve Learned About Writing Recently" is a very good list to read through even if you are an established writer. Her four I's post has a lot of great information for writers. Though it's less of a lesson and more of a truth Ashley's "A Picture-Book Writer's ABCs..." post is great for a giggle.

Ashley's blog has a small sampling of her writing style. I love her recent Haikus they are lovely short poems about the fall season. What Ashley isn't showing you in her blog is her great new story for the Jingle Bells anthology that the Chapter Book Challenge is putting together. This should be coming out the same time as the Female Superhero Anthology. I got the chance to read her story for the Jingle Bells anthology and it's really cute! Ashley's work is very well worked and she takes great pride in polishing her stories until they shine (and this one really does shine)!

Off her blog Ashley is just as wonderful! You don't have to take my word for it! You can follow her here: https://twitter.com/ashleybohmer and see for yourself. I can't wait to see what Ashley does next on her blog and in her writing career. If what she's written so far on her blog and for the Jingle Bells Anthology then we're in for a real treat.

Check Ashley out, and I'm sure you'll agree that she's just wonderful! I'm glad to have met her and I expect great things to come in the future. One last thing: Ashley is going to feature me on her blog on the first of November. Be sure to tune into her blog to see what goes down. She's got a list of wonderful questions for me to answer. I'm very excited to be featured!

No comments:

Post a Comment