Thursday, October 17, 2013

What Was Up On Wednesday?

I actually did a blog review this week! I guess I sacrificed my What's Up Wednesday post for doing this. That's okay, it was my birthday and I'll do what I wanna. 

I had an extra special birthday gift this year. SO, I met my husband online in a Comic Book Chat Room (we rarely if ever talked about comics). This was back in 2002... well my husband wasn't the only person I met there. Emma (@emmajeans on twitter) was one of the wonderful people I met there. This past Sunday I MET HER IN PERSON! We hung out both Sunday and Monday (with Peter and David) and we had a blast. I can't believe I got to meet her before she gets really famous for doing comics. You can see her webcomic here: http://deepmeaningless.com Check her out and you'll agree that she's awesome! It's just too bad she lives on the other side of the world, but I'm sure I'll visit her some day.

What I'm Reading

Not enough!

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I'm in a rush to get things done for Sunday's show (was freaking out because I keep saying Saturday). I bought some paper yesterday to make cards... ended up spending twice what I thought I'd spend. The biggest problem is I don't know if I got everything I wanted to get. Non-buyer's remorse is the worst when you are a visual artist!

All day today I'll probably be creating and packaging my work (if I get to the packaging part). Yesterday I cut out all kinds of The Pattern Pal shapes to go onto greeting cards. These will either be general greeting cards or Christmas cards (I haven't decided). They are a bit colorful for Christmas so we'll see!


 Every Day Possible
- Getting ready for my show this Saturday!
- Remember that I have Twitter/Facebook and a life outside of these. 

Today 10/16
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post delayed to Thursday

Thursday 10/17

Friday 10/18
-Watch Insane Children
-Make sure I have everything for my swap meet!

Saturday 10/19
- Printing for the Swap Meet!

Sunday 10/20

Monday 10/21
- I have no idea...

Tuesday 10/22
- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date.
- Blog review
- More artwork this day!

Wednesday 10/23
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

My meeting with the very talented Emma and the overwhelming fear that I wont finish everything I need to.

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
He's a crazy boy! He loved going bowling this past Monday. He had a ball throwing a ball. 

Working Out/Being Healthy 
I walked all over Vancouver so that makes up for all the times I'm bad, right?

Ect.
I had a great birthday! Thanks to Peter, David, Emma, My Family and all the wonderful family and friends who wished me (and might still wish me) a Happy Birthday this year!


*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

No comments:

Post a Comment