Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What's Up Wednesday

So What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.I think I've said before that I need another project like I need another hole in my head. I don't see this as another project, though, just a way to organize what I'm already doing. Every Wednesday I'll organize what I am working on here and hopefully it will help me to focus and get things done!

What I'm Reading

I just started "Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare. I wasn't a big fan of the love affair of the two main characters in the "City of Bones" series. It was too over the top like Twilight, but the writing was better. The surrounding characters in "City of Bones" were way more interesting than the main characters. Magnus Bane was hands down my favorite character. I'm hoping that "Clockwork Angel"'s series is better than the "City of Bones" series, but we'll see. I do like the main female character Tessa better than Clary so I'm crossing my fingers.


What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I'm an artist as well as a writer so I'm merging the two in this. It wouldn't make sense to ignore my artwork! I have a whole host of these projects I'm working on right now. These are the things I'd like to complete this week and some dates I'd like to finish them by:


Today 6/12

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done
- Create a new colouring page for my financial blog
- Finish writing my rhyming picturebook story

Thursday 6/13

- Work on the Dummy and Paintings for my picturebook
- Start a few more paintings/spots for submission
- Write a blog review
- Send out all my critiques for my picturebook group

Friday 6/14

- Edit some of my manuscripts for submission
- Same as Thursday minus blog review
- Come up with ideas for new blog posts
- Brainstorm ideas for comics

Saturday 6/15

See Friday

Sunday 6/16

-Write blog/website review for my financial blog

Monday 6/17

- Walk around in blankets all day morning the weekend.
- Drink extra coffee

Tuesday 6/18

- Complete at least 5 daily writing prompts by today
- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog

Wednesday 6/19

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

I don't know what it is about Dr. Who, but I find the show very inspirational. I mean yes, there are all kinds of aliens, spacetravel and magical occurances. I think what I like the most about the show is the message. It's one show that I put in the catagory of "Must Watch". 


Favorite quotes from Dr. Who

Amy Pond, there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box
 The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant. 
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start? 
I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool. 
I think these are all quotes from the 11th doctor.

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 

Most of my time is taken up with watching my son. He is high energy and lots of trouble! He was sick for a few weeks there and been extra trouble for me. Speaking of sick... I was sick last Friday. It was not a happy time!

Working Out/Being Healthy 

I'm not great at this, but I try. Cutting out most carbs and dairy. Keeping away from processed foods. I'm trying to do something to workout everyday. Yes it's hard, but I do my best! Exercising can be the worst because sometimes I don't feel well enough to do certain workouts. I have successfully lost 40 pounds since January 30th. I'm eating more than I use to and healthier. I still cheat every now and again! I am happy that I've moved from being overweight to being an average weight!

That's it for this week. I will do my best to get my blog review up tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Being sick isn't any fun! I hope you and your little one are doing better.

    And so happy to have you on board for Ready. Set. WRITE! So excited to see what you'll accomplish (awesome and detailed goals, btw!)

    I hope you have a wonderful writing week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first two books in The Infernal Devices series, but haven't read them yet. I've heard they're really good, so I can't wait to finally get to them. Glad you're joining us for WUW and RSW. Good luck with your writing goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the first two books in Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series and I really enjoyed them. Probably more so than the Mortal Instruments series (the ones I've read anyway). Good luck meeting your writing goals this week and thanks for joining us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love all these paranormal books, but I haven't read the very latest ones from these authors. Right now I finished reading a book which is quite different, it's part archaeological mystery, part time travel, part adventure, part end of the world story...very fun, it's called The Tenth Saint by D.J. Niko, highly recommended.

    Marika from Authentic Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. This challenge is really exciting for me, because it's mostly an exercise in helping me get organized. Love it! I'll have to check out that book Marika!

    ReplyDelete