Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What's Up Wednesday

Here is my What's up Wednesday* post for today. I hope you enjoy it!

What I'm Reading

I'm still reading "Clockwork Angel" by Cassandra Clare. I actually haven't done any reading this week, so I should say that I'm not reading "Clockwork Angel". :P


What I'm Writing/Drawing 

Last week I had a lot of things that I attempted to do, but most of them I didn't get done. Things I finished were my colouring page for my financial blog, I started a few paintings, sent out critiques for my PB group, wrote a blog review. I didn't finish my rhyming picture book story, but I still sent it out to my critique partners! I hope that next week I will have more finished than I did this week. Next week I hope I can do more brainstorming and get more done in general. Much of what I did last week is the same as this week so here's what I have planned:

Today 6/19

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done

Thursday 6/20

- Create a new colouring page for my financial blog

Friday 6/21

- Work on the Dummy and Paintings for my picturebook
- Start a few more paintings/spots for submission
- Edit some of my manuscripts for submission
- Come up with ideas for new blog posts
- Brainstorm ideas for comics

Saturday 6/22

See Friday
-See the new Superman movie with my husband!

Sunday 6/23

-Write blog/website review for my financial blog

Monday 6/24

- Walk around in blankets all day morning the weekend.
- Drink extra coffee

Tuesday 6/25

- Complete at least 5 daily writing prompts by today
- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog
- Finish writing my rhyming picturebook story 
- Write a blog review

Wednesday 6/26

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

This beautiful summer weather we're having here right now. 

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 

Always, always this! My son stuck something into my Wii... I believe it's an expired transit ticket. So right now I can't play any of the Wii games that I don't have time to play. They are getting less and less expensive now, so maybe we'll buy a new one if we can't get this repaired. 

Working Out/Being Healthy 

I've been working out more, but still need to do a bit more each day. Need to cut back in some areas as well.

That's it for this week. 


*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, your poor Wii!

    Wow, that's a lot of goals to hit. GOOD LUCK! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your goals for Monday! Great goals all around and I hope you have a wonderful writing week! (And that you fix your Wii - gah!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to find another artist/writer doing what's up Wednesday! Hooray! I browsed your portfolio-- how cool! I love your illustrations. Magical and so much clever detail (for example, I love whatever that is the giraffe is wearing! She looks like a super cool flapper!). Do you make coloring books as well? I made a little simple coloring book of some of my clockwork drawings for gifts and also to sell on etsy. It has done pretty well. Anywho- nice to meet and looking forward to more What's up Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals sound great, especially Monday. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous about 6/22 and 6/24 made me smile. Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your encouragement and condolences for my Wii. I think I may take it apart and bang on it until it works. I always try to set my goals way higher than I know will get done, because I'll never finish anything otherwise.

    @ Kat Owens: I love the printmaking you do for your Etsy shop. I'm not in love with doing the work it takes for prints, but I love the results! I'm working on getting enough together to do an Etsy shop. I'm going to go a colouring book, but it might take me some time to put it together. It all depends on how much time I get to work on everything.

    It is a flapper outfit that the giraffe is wearing. I love doing period pieces!

    ReplyDelete