Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Amy Good

Amy Good is a wonderful person that I've met on Twitter. I picked her to feature on my blog this week because I just love this woman's personality! The only thing I'm sorry about is that I'm posting this so late at night, so sorry Amy! I will Tweet about it at a reasonable time tomorrow. Amy is the Author of the book "Rooted". She is very knowledgeable in the writing field as one might expect from an author. What you might not expect is how crazy wonderful her You Tube videos are. I'll get to the videos in a moment, but for now this is the link to Amy's blog: http://amicgood.tumblr.com

What I love about Amy's blog is that it has a little bit of everything in it. It's not just a writer's blog, but a blog about her life and what she likes. I do like blogs that are straight up nothing but writing blogs, but there is a lot to be said about a writer's blog that can be relatable outside the world of writing. Amy will have these great posts about how to be a better writer, sandwiched by posts about what she does while her kiddo naps (hint: it's done with Legos). The photos on her blog are great. They are well composed and have vivid colours. I'm not sure if she takes all her own photos, because some of them are of her! I'll have to ask later.

Not often does a writer give away their whole novel for free, but Amy Good's Novel is free on her website: http://www.amicgood.com/. Feed My Reads (@feedmyreads on Twitter) made this novel their #starbook for August, so don't forget to check it out! Amy also has a few good short stories on her website, as well as on her blog! On her blog, Amy will post poems (mostly inspired by her kiddo) that are very cute.

One of the neatest things about Amy Good is her YouTube videos. She does these quite often to answer questions about her book, talk about her tools for writing and to post important romantic videos (See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1lWDC72QHU) Amy's videos reflect her wonderful personality. They are also very professional and well done... Yes, the kissing scene in that link I gave you was very professional. Be sure to take a look at her other videos as well, I'm sure you'll enjoy them!

Be sure to check out Amy Good's website and blog. If you haven't had too much of Amy yet (that's silly, who could have too much of Amy?) then follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/amicgood and on Facebook as well: https://www.facebook.com/amicgood. Be careful though, you might have too much fun following her!


No comments:

Post a Comment