Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What's Up Wednesday!

I forgot to review a blog yesterday and I almost forgot to do this post! Been really busy lately and I don't think it's going to let up anytime soon. I'm just going to have to do my best to keep up! If I have time tomorrow I'll post about one of the fantastic podcasts I've been listening to lately. 

SCBWI meeting was rescheduled to this Sunday, so I'm stoked! Also Word Vancouver is happening that day. Going to be a great Sunday!

What I'm Reading

I read a couple more chapters of Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I swear I'm not a slow reader... just not finding the time to read.

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

Finished 5 of my 7x5 inch paintings. I gave up on one because there was something wrong with the composition and it wasn't looking right in colour. If you've been following me on Twitter you'll know that I gave that one to my son to fix. 

I've been busy working on artwork! Right now I'm working on Chirstmas type drawings to be printed on cards. I'm also working on a couple pieces that might be in the Jingle Bell Anthology! I was also going to submit a story but I don't see that I'll have the time, oh well I can't do everything!

I'm also working on securing some vendor tables for upcoming craft shows and swap meets. I have two booked already and will post them on my website soon ( http://daniduckart.weebly.com/ ) It's kind of scary because I don't have enough things to sell and a lot of it depends on the printer and the money I have to print things, so fingers crossed for me! Speaking of printing... there is a slight snag on the Pattern Pals book, but I'm still hoping to have it "on the shelves" by the end of the month if not sooner.

Every Day Possible
- Work on my Etsy shop
- Online Interaction

Today 9/25
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done

Thursday 9/26
Watching the toddlers run amok! 

Friday 9/27
Getting my grove on to finish up some projects and start new ones.

Saturday 9/28
Not sure what's happening yet, but I demand to have a good time!

Sunday 9/29
SCBWI meeting today! Also Word Vancouver (formally Word on the Street) happens today. Fun, fun, fun!

Monday 9/30
- Go to Strong Start and there is something else I'm forgetting.

Tuesday 10/01
- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date.
- Don't forget a blog review this week!

Wednesday 10/02

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

Podcasts are freaking awesome!

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
There is just not enough coffee in this world...

Working Out/Being Healthy 
This will happen one of these days!

Ect.
No more early week babysitter for me (unless I make tons of money off my art!) My husband is back to a semi-normal schedule so that's great. Looking forward to things that are happening soon!


*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

4 comments:

  1. It's great to be busy, especially when you are accomplishing things and it sounds like you are :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy person! Wow.

    Enjoy your SCBWI meetup and best of luck with all the art :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an Etsy shop? So cool! I'd love the link ... I'm getting ready to open an Etsy shop (eeek!), so I totally understand the finger-crossing thing. Good luck getting everything together/done! I'll be rooting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Bridgid- I don't have an Etsy shop yet. I've had some snags, but I think I got most of the wrinkles out of it for now, so I should have my shop open shortly. My biggest problem was shipping costs (which should be ok if my items are small). The other was printing costs and the like. Now all I have left is taking the time to list everything, which might take me an hour or two to do. I'll definitely post the link here (and likely a short term discount code for my blog/facebook friends if I can figure it out).

    ReplyDelete