Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What's Up Wednesday!

I'm feeling pretty sick right now. Got a cold from my son a couple of days ago. Last Friday I wasn't able to do as much artwork as I thought I might. Peter wasn't able to go with his mom and take David to see his GG (Great Grandmother) because Peter had the same cold that I have now. It was a bit upsetting to me, but that was no where near how upset GG and David got. David kept saying "Grandma, GG" over and over for days. It was sad, but not worth getting her sick! I still managed to read my son three books just now, so I'm not going to die. If I do die my husband has already promised to take out the trash. I hope this is better by Friday or Saturday so I can get some work done.


What I'm Reading

It depends on what you mean by "reading". I'm reading what I've typed right now!

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I did a bit of writing about the character Krista from my Create a Superhero challenge. At this point it has nothing to do with the challenge and more with me writing a novel (eventually). As much as I'd like to write and illustrate a graphic novel/comic I don't think I want to take this story that way. I guess it's really too early to tell, but we'll see where it goes. 

I want to do some printing this weekend for these gift bags I'm going to be a part of. I'm thinking little 3x3 colouring books. They'll only be 4 pages with a cover. I'm not sure if I'm going to print anything else. I have tons of business cards and postcards. 

I have a new webpage I'm working on that's going to have my portfolio but it's going to be aimed more at individuals than publishers/agents. I'll have links to my Etsy shop (a current WIP) there and a contact form for those who want a quote for a commission. I may have to print the link to this portfolio on stickers and add them to my postcards.

Every Day Possible
- Work on Colouring Pages
- Networking Baby!
- Find new blogs and twitter people to follow (let me know if I'm not following you!)
- Comment on more blog posts. I've seen a lot of great ones lately, but haven't posted. Mostly because my phone goes into conniptions when I try to load the feedback form. 

Today 7/3
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done
- Remember to do my monthly 12x12 check in on Julie Hedlund's blog

Thursday 7/4
-Figure out a way to survive the day with my crazy, sick 2.5 year old.

Friday 7/5
- Magically get everything together so I can do some serious printing for Saturday.

Saturday 7/6

-Do some serious printing.
- Type up a story to be critiqued this month 

Sunday 7/7
- Draft a query letter for submission.
- Work on editing at least one manuscript


Monday 7/8

- Clean and cry because I have to spend the day cleaning.

Tuesday 7/9

- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date.
- Write a blog review.  I have Ashley Willoughby in the cue for this coming week and Sue Frye for the following week!

Wednesday 7/10

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now
The fact that this cold wont last forever.

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
I hope David isn't sick next week. He's been very whiney lately. Today he keeps insisting that I do puzzles with him that he can do easily himself. Maybe the puzzle fairy (his grandma) will drop off new puzzles for him this week! It's taken me an hour to write this post and it should have only taken 15 mins. 

Working Out/Being Healthy 
Too sick this week to do much. I tried to do Yoga and most of the moves left me feeling dizzy and ill. Next week should be better!

Ect.
I recently shut down my financial blog because I quit my Financial Advisor job. I was getting to the place where I was going to make a lot of money, but the stress was too much to keep going. I would have had to give up my art and writing entirely and I don't think I could cope with that. Hopefully I can make enough extra money through my upcoming Etsy shop! 


*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

4 comments:

  1. Your what I'm reading totally made me laugh!

    Have fun making coloring books. I'm seriously un-artistic, but just reading about them makes me wish I could draw so I could make some coloring books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my characters was a financial advisor...but he got fired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... I hope you all get better soon, Dani. :(

    All the best with your goals this week. I hope you succeed beyond your wildest expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha David! Thanks Colin and everyone for your comments!

    ReplyDelete