Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What's Up Wednesday!

It's been pretty hot recently. I don't believe the weather station, it is so way hotter than they say it is! It's even hot in my apartment and it's usually pretty cool in the summer!

I've gotten a good amount done this week. I've been able to do a lot more artwork recently. I've drawn and inked two illustrations, I've started colours on three of the illustration's I'm planning on selling and I did an illustration for the Create a Female Superhero anthology! You can see that here: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2013/07/drawing-for-female-superhero-challenge.html

I've finished all of my picture book critiques this week. I've done a lot more social networking on Twitter. I still need to send out my picture book manuscript, but it is typed up! I think I shall send it tonight. 



What I'm Reading

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. Technically haven't started it but I checked it out of the library.

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I'm hoping to print my mini-colouring books this weekend. I need to scan a lot of pictures for my big colouring book and work on a few more. Hopefully I'll have time to colour the two illustration's I'm working on. I think I'll post the black and whites Friday or Saturday (Or maybe just the finished pieces depending). I need to brainstorm for more things to sell in my Etsy shop. I'm going to work on a new webpage. Also wouldn't hurt to expand my social network!

Every Day Possible
- Work on Colouring Pages
- Networking Baby!
- Find new awesome blogs and twitter people to follow (let me know if I'm not following you!)

Today 7/3
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done
- Send out my manuscript to be critiqued
- Possibly write something good.

Thursday 7/4

- Get some serious artwork done!

Friday 7/5
- Toddler out of the house today. Have an art party (only invite self and get stuff done). 

Saturday 7/6

- Start a few more paintings/spots for submission 
- Edit some of my manuscripts for submission
- Come up with ideas for new types of blog posts


Sunday 7/7
- Draft a generic letter (to be edited later) to an editor/art director for both my artwork and writing (actually do this). 

Monday 7/8

- Clean and cry because I have to spend the day cleaning.

Tuesday 7/9

- Writing Prompts, GRRRRR!
- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date
- Write a blog review (if you want your blog reviewed please contact me!)

Wednesday 7/10

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

My family. 

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
Hoping that my son isn't completely insane this week!

Working Out/Being Healthy 
I'm working out more now!

Ect.
Finding more time and more ways to do my art! Making new connections. Have to do something hard this week but I hope it's for the best. 

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

4 comments:

  1. I chuckled at your art party goal ;) Good luck with that and have an awesome week ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've set some great goals for yourself this week. Awesome that you're sending out your MS to be critiqued. It's nerve-racking, but it's also kind of exciting, isn't it? I have the third book in the INFERNAL DEVICES series to read, and I really need to get on that because I enjoyed CLOCKWORK ANGEL and CLOCKWORK PRINCE. Such good books!

    Have a great week, Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get to do my party. Both husband and toddler had a cold. Still got things done this weekend. I hate sending out my manuscripts to be critiqued by people I don't know, but my group is good so it's not so bad. It has to be critiqued by someone, so might as well get it over with.

    I liked Clockwork Angel. I hope Cassandra does a little better with these than the others (it seems like she is so far). Don't get me wrong, I like her first series, but I don't like that she gives away any mysteries of the novels too early. I still look forward to continue reading that series as well as this new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so organized! I'm impressed. I haven't read Clockwork Angel but I've read some of Cassandra's other books a LONG time ago.

    ReplyDelete