Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What's Up Wednesday

Horrible week this past week. I was feeling off Tuesday and it all went downhill from there. Some of it is stuff that I'd rather not mention because of the males who read my blog, but know that it was not a good time. Mostly lack of sleep and fatigue (not all caused by the lack of sleep) has plagued me. It was a complete and utter burn out. I am feeling better today. 

I did get the chance to work on a couple of illustrations. I snapped the drafts and put them up on Twitter. I am working on transferring them to watercolour paper now. One I may need to do over because my son insisted on adding his own marks to the page (in pencil, but still).




What I'm Reading

Cereal boxes, tweets, and the occasional recipe. 

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I'm getting together with some local business owners and giving out some free things for these swag bags they are doing. I have business cards/post cards, but I don't think that's enough. I want to do little 3x3 colouring books (4 pages to colour) just as a fun promotional item. I don't know if I'll have time to do this, but I would like to.

I need to catch up on critiquing manuscripts from my critique group. I also need to send them a story this month. Problem is I can't find the story I wanted to send (and it was right by the computer, too!

Every Day Possible
- Work on Colouring Pages
- Blog, tweet and comment on blogs
- Find new awesome blogs and twitter people to follow (drop your name below if I'm not following you!)

Today 7/3
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post today - done
- Edit critique member's manuscripts

Thursday 7/4

- Create a new colouring page for my financial blog
- Get some serious artwork done!
- Send in my manuscript to critique members

Friday 7/5
- Take care of two screaming crying kids (this may be Saturday instead)!

Saturday 7/6

- Start a few more paintings/spots for submission (might not get to this again)
- Edit some of my manuscripts for submission
- Come up with ideas for new blog posts


Sunday 7/7
- Draft a generic letter (to be edited later) to an editor/art director for both my artwork and writing. 
- Write blog/website review for my financial blog

Monday 7/8

- GO SWIMMING!

Tuesday 7/9

- Do some awesome writing prompts by this date
- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date
- Write a blog review

Wednesday 7/10

- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

The thought that my baby boy is sleeping peacefully. Yes, yes he did arrange the bed himself.














What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
He's only a toddler and I need to be patient with him when he wants to do a 300 piece puzzle. Even though the puzzle frustrates him to no end after 30 minutes of working on said puzzle. Let him do as much as he can, even though I have to tell him where every single piece goes and he won't let me put any of them in place. Did I mention that it was for ages 10 and up? I won't throw the puzzle away while my son is sleeping. I won't throw...

Working Out/Being Healthy 
I worked out today! The rest of the days this week... umm

Ect.
I may have to give up something this week. I'll see how I feel Monday. I hate failing, but I can't keep burning out like this. I know it's vague, but wish me luck!


*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel much better soon. And good luck with getting everything done for the swag bags and everything else on your list.

    Wow, I'm impressed at your little one for sitting still for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little one is so adorable! Love that picture!

    And I hope you have a better week! Take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now...what kind of troubles could males possibly be giving you? Your male toddler is self-explanatory, but what about the other(s)? I don't know how any woman can even put up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there-- you have a lot on your plate, and I'll bet you'll manage it all eventually. I seem to be constantly rearranging my to-do list-- some things move up and some things move down a few weeks. It all works out, but not always the way I thought it would. Have a great writing/art week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your reading list for the week. Some weeks, that's the best we can do. And it sounds like you have a lot going on, especially with not feeling 100%. I hope you feel better soon, Dani. All the best with your goals!

    I don't know if we're following each other on Twitter. If not, I'm @colin_d_smith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eesh. I hope you feel better soon. I hate when my body gets in the way of my productivity. Of course, that's just an inevitability of being human. Good luck with all your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete