Friday, January 23, 2015

Interview With Writer Auri Lynn

Today on my blog I have the magical Auri Lynn! Auri weaves her magic into young adult fantasy books (in other words she uses her magic for both good and evil!). Auri has her roots in nature being an Environmental Educator.

Right now Auri is working on her first book "The Wakening". You can read a sample from the book here. It's always exciting for me to read about a new fantasy series coming out. Is this the next big series? Hopefully, we'll wait and see!

-----

Dani: Why young adult fantasy?

I love to read young adult fantasy. I remember the teen years as such a magical time with a blurred line between dreams and reality. When I started writing The Wakening it naturally came out from the point of view of a 16 year old girl named Lera.



Dani: What magic do you believe in?

I believe everyone has some form of magic within. I once had a friend who saw letters as colors, so in his mind there was a color pattern for each person he met. I also know people who perceive what others are feeling physically or emotionally in a special way. I find it fascinating and love that moment when you realize someone's magic.


Dani: Finish the following thoughts:

1. I hate... waiting. I am always late, so I don't have a lot of experience waiting. :)

2. Dreams are... a place to break the rules we believe exist in reality.

3. The first time... you alter fate it hurts. In the words of the Rolling Stones (Wild Horses), "Fate has been broken, tears must be cried."


Dani: What's special about your work?

Being an environmental educator and working in natural resource management is amazing. Every day is different and there are always special moments like finding an orphaned fawn, working with wild birds, and zip lining through the trees. Plus it is so fulfilling to help parents and children learn through unstructured time in nature.


Dani: What is your ultimate goal in life? 

To spend as much time with my family as possible, to connect children to nature, and to live the life that was meant for me.


-------

Follow Auri:




Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheWakeningBook

3 comments:

  1. As a nonfiction reader...my first experience reading sci fiction was The Wakening. Now I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete