Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Will Be Awesome!

I wrote a list of things I'd like to accomplish in 2015 a few days ago and I have yet to post it here! Last year I decided not to do a New Year's resolution. The reason for this is that people make resolutions and give up once they start messing them up. The following is a list of goals I would like to achieve. I try to list more than I can reasonably do in the year, so if I do all these things then I'm doing great!

I'll try to post my blog goals Thursday! These lists are probably not complete. These goals are not in order of importance. I'll probably add to them later.


Publishing

* Send work to the maximum (10) agents for 12x12 and sign with an agent.
* Send out at least 5 non-fiction articles to be published.
* Send out an email art package (or single illustration) to every children's magazine/publisher that accepts e-submissions (at least the ones printed in Children's Writer's and Illustrators Market.)
* By April send out 20 art packages to editors (Book or Magazine) by mail.
* By March find at least 10 alternative places (Not in publishing) that need illustrators.
* Sign a book contract.
* Send out at least 10 illustrations/stories for magazine publication.

Other Art/Writing Goals

* Finish 2 dummys in January.
* Create at least one full dummy a month.
* Get The Pattern Pals webcomic online and update weekly.
* Write at least 2 new stories a month.
* Create new Sci-fi themed paintings (12-20) for VCON this October.
* Keep up with the 52 Week Illustration Challenge.
* Create at least 20 portraits.

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome list, Dani! The idea of linking a deadline to some of these goals is probably helpful. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an ambitious list. Good luck with it. Even if you fall short, you'll accomplish a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list puts my white-board "TO DO" list to shame. Best wishes for a productive year. Be sure to have fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm breathless just reading it.... good luck Dani ! Am curious to know if you'll achieve all this in a year!

    ReplyDelete