Friday, January 16, 2015

Interview With Elizabeth Maginnis

To say that Elizabeth Maginnis is a great lover of animals and the environment is an understatement. I say this because from reading her work I don't see her as just loving these things -- Elizabeth works hard to protect animals and the enviroment. Elizabeth Maginnis works hard to inform others about the impact humans have on the environment. She also creates wonderful stories and articles that help people to fall in love with animals. Her articles can be viewed on her website. Elizabeth's picture book, "There's a Dog on the Dining Room Table" is available now on Amazon.

Dani: If you had a dog on your table, what would you do? 

Elizabeth: I would gently pick him up off the table and place him on the floor while telling him what a silly dog he is, dogs don’t belong on tables, just as I did when I found our dog Barney on our dining room table. He’s the inspiration for my book.


Dani: Which word is the best? 

Elizabeth's "Once in a Lifetime Dog" Barney.
Read about him on Elizabeth's Website!
Elizabeth: Love. It’s the only thing that really matters.


Finish the following thoughts:

1. Stories are... portals to other worlds.

2. I need to... relax! My mind never stops working.

3. Yesterday I... snuggled with my dogs and cats on the couch. It’s one of my favorite things to do.


Dani: What's special about your work? 

Elizabeth: I find the humor in life with pets.


Dani: What is your ultimate goal in life? 

Elizabeth: To influence others to respect Mother Earth and all her children.

_____________

Follow Elizabeth:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Dani, for this interview with Elizabeth. I loved reading all about Barney. I guess I've lived long enough to have had the pleasure of knowing several "once-in-a-lifetime" dogs. Pets add so much to the lives of us humans!



    ReplyDelete