Friday, January 9, 2015

Interview With Bobbie Dacus


Today on my blog I have a fantastic illustrator by the name of Bobbie Dacus! I just love the bright colors that Bobby uses in her illustrations. I don't know what it is about her work that just reminds me so much of all the good parts of my childhood!

Make sure you scroll down past the end of this interview. Bobby has shared her studio with us! I love seeing the creative spaces of other people. How else could I steal their organizational ideas for my own evil gain?

Bobbie is one of the illustrators that contributed to the free Monster Chores Coloring Book  that Jennyann Carthen is now hosting on her website! Bobbie's illustration will teach you the proper monster way of feeding your pets. This is something that is vital for your little monster to know!




Dani: Why Illustration?

Bobbie: I love art.. and anything art related. Years ago, going to the library and finding picture books with my kids led to my supreme interest in picture book illustration. At the time I was a fine artist and made the decision to transition to illustration. I've been in the field of graphic art/design for many years so it seemed to be a natural progression.


Dani: Is corporate graphic design truly evil?

No, not really.. I’m sure there are many aspects where it appears pretty evil. I worked in corporate graphic design for many years. I felt sorta like I didn't fit in but I will say it enabled me, as a single mom, to take care of my kids at the time. Later I worked at a design agency and that was certainly more fun!


Dani: Finish the following thoughts:

1. I hate…

Negative people and braggy people on Facebook.. Ugh..Get a life!


2. Dreams are…

As necessary as food and water.


3. My Favorite…

My favorite vacation is visiting Paris. I want to go back. Sigh. I could drink in the art FOREVER.



Dani: What's special about your work?


Bobbie: I think I use color in a way that expresses who I am and I think that’s special in a way. I think the challenge is to do that consistently when you’re constantly surrounded by trendy colors that other illustrators are using. It’s also a challenge when you’re constantly seeing what’s hot at the moment and is selling.




Dani: What is your ultimate goal in life?

Bobbie: I guess my ultimate goal is to live a good life and be happy. That may sound sappy but when you’re doing what makes you happy everybody wins… especially those around you!



Follow Bobbie: 









Bobbie: Here are a couple of pics of my studio:







3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Dani for the lovely interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the visit to Bobbi's studio! And thanks for interviewing her.

    ReplyDelete