Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What's Up Wednesday!

I didn't get a chance to do a Blog Review yesterday. Had some family issues recently that made it extremely difficult. The big thing was Peter's (my husband) Grandmother was in the hospital. It was thought that she might pass Monday. It seems as though she's mostly out of the woods now, but there are things that are wrong with her that can't be repaired. She may not be with us much longer, but I do hope she can spend Christmas with us this year. 

Though it is a lesser problem... or at least a non-life threatening problem: My son has been insane for about 2-2.5 weeks now. He's not been sleeping or eating well. He's been irritable and irrational. I assure you that most of this is quite normal for him. The big difference is that he's been screaming bloody murder about well bloody everything. He doesn't just want some candy - He screams, "I NEED CHOCOLATE CANDY!" Actually when he needs anything he screams. He also threw short screaming fit when I politely told him "No, that's not our Skytrain stop". Long story short we went to the Dr. today and he's got an ear infection (after which he informs me that his ears hurt.. ya could have told me before kid!). He's on antibiotics for the next little while. He's had this before several times & will feel better in a few days.

What I'm Reading

The back of my eyelids. Good stories there.

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I'm going to do my first Craft Show this weekend! Here's the info if you are in the area:

Elim Village 5th Annual Christmas Craft Fair & Market
Free admission.
9008 158th Street

Surrey
Free Admission
Fri. Nov. 8: 6:00-9:00pm 

Sat Nov 9: 10:00am-3:00pm

Peter's dad (Minuteman Press North Vancouver) printed out a bunch of black and white posters for me on card stock. While I will have my coloring books and my free coloring pages, these are big posters (12.5"x18") than can be colored and put up on the wall! I've also added some sparkling Christmas cards to my Greeting Card selection. You can see a sample here. These are slightly more expensive than the other cards because of the costs of the materials. 

I bought a couple things for my table recently so I can have a nicer, more organized display. I also found another table easel for displays. It will be a bit of a hodge podge of display items, but it will keep me a little more organized!

 Every Day Possible
- Getting ready for my show on November 8 & 9
- Remember that I have Twitter/Facebook and a life outside of these. 

Wed 11/30
- Write my What's Up Wednesday on Wednesday... DONE!

Thursday 11/07
Watching Baby or friend watching baby
- Need a haircut if possible!

Friday 11/08
- See Above
- My first craft show starts today at 6:00pm!

Saturday 11/09
- Wishing I had a Craft Fair this weekend.

Sunday 11/03
- Celebrating my MIL's Birthday!

Monday 11/04
- Starting to restock anything that was sold

Tuesday 11/05
- Post at least 1 painting/drawing to this blog by this date.
- Blog review
- More artwork this day?

Wednesday 11/06
- Write my What's Up Wednesday post 

What Inspires Me Right Now

The idea that my son's antibiotics will work well enough that I can get a decent amount of sleep tonight.

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
He's been insane, but I hope he'll be getting better now!

Working Out/Being Healthy 
So very tired.

Ect.
There is no Ect. only Zuul!

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

4 comments:

  1. I hope the little one's ear infection clears up quickly. Ouch, doesn't sound like fun for any of you. Sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother too. That's never easy.

    Hope the craft show goes well! It sounds very exciting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to your family. I hope everything gets better.

    And good luck with your crafts show! Sounds like fun.

    Sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poor boy, I've had one earache and not even an infection and it drove me to distraction. I hope he feels better soon. Said a little prayer for your Grandmother. And I second the good luck with the crafts show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you're doing a tremendous amount in less than ideal situations. I admire your discipline. Hope things go well with your Grandmother. These transitions are always difficult. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete