Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kate Scott Writes

Sorry this is a late post tonight! Lots of things going on so it was hard to post earlier today. Today I'm doing a review of Kate Scott's blog. In Febuary of 2014 Kate Scott's YA novel Counting to D will be in bookstores. You can see her blog here: http://www.katescottwrites.com/

Both Kate Scott and myself participate in "What's Up Wednesday". Her posts are different from mine because they are more deeply personal. As a result of this her posts tend to be far more informative than mine, even when they are shorter. Because Kate's posts are so personal it makes me feel like I know her. I'm impressed in the way that her personality shines through in these posts.

I love, love, love Kate's weekly interview posts. Even more so I love the concept behind them. She believes that everyone, though they might seem ordinary, are wonderful. This is just fantastic. In her own words:

"I love to read, and write, because I love stories. Everyone has a story to tell. That's what makes this crazy world we live in so interesting. Every Monday, I interview a different person here and share their stories. At first glance, my guests may appear ordinary, but I promise they're not. They're people. And all people are fascinating. We all have a story to tell." 

This is the one of the reasons I watch the TV show Dr. Who. Yes it's crazy science fiction, but in several episodes he says that "ordinary" people are the most fantastic people. Quote from the Doctor himself (he was speaking to a man, but he means the same about women as well): 

"An ordinary man: that's the most important thing in creation. The whole world's different because he's alive!

It may seem like a silly comparison, but I think that someone can see the extraordinary in the ordinary is a person worth getting to know. I haven't read any of Kate's books (yet), but just based on this bit of knowledge alone I advise strongly to check out her new book. 

Besides her wonderful view on people, Kate's interviews are great. She has a way of asking questions to get the most out of her interviews. She knows how to get the most out of each and every interview. I've seen many interviews that are stale, but every single one of her interviews shows the beauty in each person she interviews.

I think you are missing out if you don't check out Kate's blog. Her views alone on the world are a great reason to check this blog out. 
You can also find Kate on Google+ here: https://plus.google.com/103647660940548307977/posts
Like her page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katescottwrites
Follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/katescottwrites
and Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7276965.Kate_Scott



1 comment:

  1. Wow thanks for the glowing review. Is this your way of hinting that you want to be featured in one of my upcoming interviews? I'm ALWAYS looking for new victims, I mean interviewees, and would love to chat with you.

    ReplyDelete