Saturday, May 17, 2014

New Illustrations!

I have been working on these illustrations for some time now. The first one you see has been in my portfolio for a while. It wasn't working for me, and I wanted to add more emotion into the piece. I redrew everything, and now am able to show what I came up with! One of the things that I've been missing from my portfolio is a series of illustrations and I finally have that now. 

 For those of you who don't know a "series" in illustration or art is three or more paintings that relate to each other. In picture book illustration (and many other fields) it's very important to show that you can take a character and draw it over and over again in different situations. I've done this before, but mostly in dummy work. I'm happy to have them done and can now move on to bigger and better artwork!

If you are interested in seeing more of my artwork or to contact me about comissions please visit my website: http://daniduckart.weebly.com/portfolio.html





3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love ocean stuff, and the colors are so pretty! Great work, Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rich colors really grabbed me, too. Very pretty, my daughter will love!

    ReplyDelete