Monday, February 25, 2013

I ENTERED THE 12 BY 12!

Last night before I went to bed I signed up for the 12 by 12. What is the 12 by 12? I want to write 12 picture books in 12 months. Julie Hedlund started this in 2011 and there are so many people who do this now. There is a huge support group and lots of nice people to work with. You can read more about it here: http://www.juliehedlund.com/12-x-12/



There are several levels you can choose to join. I've been busy and haven't known which level to sign up for, so I put it on the shelf. Yesterday I signed up for the Margaret Wise BRONZE. I so wanted to sign up for the Little GOLDen Book Level. I think the highest level is well worth it if you have a lot of manuscripts to review, or if you can write really quickly. I have a few manuscripts and I'm not sure how much time it will take me to write up more.  I have tons of ideas, but I have such little time (she types as her 2 year old knocks over the TV tray). You know what the best part is? I can sign up for the gold level within 30 DAYS OF SIGNING UP!  So if I find I do have the time I wont miss out, otherwise I'll do it next year. Yay!

I am going to do my best to write all 12 books. I'm an illustrator as well, so it's tough to balance these things. It's definitely less time consuming for me to write over illustrating, but I enjoy painting just a bit more. I hope everything works out so I have some great stories to send out soon.

Want to join the 12 by 12?  You only have until MARCH 1st TO SIGN UP! You can sign up here: http://www.juliehedlund.com/registration-for-2013/ I hope to see a lot of you signing up so we can chat on the 12 by 12 forums! If you are joining leave me a comment here! Hope to see you in the 12 by 12 this year!

2 comments:

  1. I've been clicking around looking at your various sites and projects. You're a busy and very talented artist and writer. Loved finding the comics. I think you'll do great this year with your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Joy! Glad to see you joined the 12 by 12 as well. I hope to see you published soon. Good luck on getting that picture book ready for submission in 6 months. It's a rough road but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete