Friday, February 6, 2015

Interview With Rachel Elizabeth Cole


Rachel Elizabeth Cole knows when something is fantastic, you must hold onto it for dear life. In this case that something fantastic is Middle Grade Fiction. If you haven't read a lot of Middle Grade Fiction you should. Some of the work there is more ponient and intelligent than work for adults.

Since Rachel loves this age group for fiction she can't help but write it herself. Her Middle Grade book, "The Rabbit Ate My Homework" is one that I'm going to have to add to my collection soon. It's not because of the rabbit, but who can resist a book with a cute fuzzy rabbit? You should add it to your collection too!

-----

Dani: Why middle grade fiction?

Rachel: Middle grade is my favourite age category and contemporary humorous middle grade fiction is my favourite genre in that category. I have probably read more middle grade books than anything else. When I started writing middle grade four years ago, it was a bit like coming home.

Dani: Why does it rain?

Because science. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Dani: Finish the following thoughts:

1. My first story... I had published was a short story I wrote in grade five called I Wish I Was Three Inches Tall. My teacher chose the three best in the class and published them in the local newspaper. I was a published author!


2. I can't remember... not being able to read. My kindergarten teacher told my mom I was an odd child because all I did was sit in the corner and look at books. My mom told her, no, I was reading them!

3. Life is... full of ups and downs. Enjoy the ups. Try not to get too discouraged by the downs.

Dani: What's special about your work?

Rachel: I'm probably the wrong person to ask about this! My parents could probably tell you, though!

Dani: What is your ultimate goal in life?

Rachel: To live forever. So far, so good.

----

No comments:

Post a Comment