Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Blast From the Past

I'm leaving soon for my SCBWI Canada West Illustrators's meeting today. Wanted to share with you am illustration I did for the 52 Week Illustration Challenge on Facebook. The 52 Week Illustration Challenge is not a contest, but a place to have fun and share your work. Each week has prompts and illustrations have to be related to these prompts. It is a very safe place for illustrators since harsh criticism of work is not allowed! 

This illustration is for last week's theme, but I just finished it last night. The theme (for week 3) is Retro. Space Invaders (in case you haven't seen the game) is the game I used to fit the theme. I started this drawing out seriously, but then used it to play with my pencils more than make sure I got everything correct. It is so hard to show details from graphite especially if the graphite is done in a way that reflects the light. I did my best to edit the artwork in photoshop to look more like the original. I also added in some detail pictures. Enjoy!  






1 comment:

  1. Ha! Space Invaders. Brings me fond memories. Talk about blast from the past. Love the scene you've created here, Dani! The details of the curtain is amazing, the characters are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete