Monday, July 21, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Week 7

So I'm not doing so great with the iron. Apparently doing cardio is too much for me with the iron (sharp stabbing pains). Not that I'm going to stop trying. It's also made me very tired all week, so I haven't gotten much done. 

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS

My goals for last week:

Continue to work on dummies and layout illustrations.
Work on new spot illustrations.
Send out interview questions. 


I didn't really work on any of these this week. My day off was spent mostly in correspondence to other writers/illustrators. I got to do a cover reveal this week so that was fun! Another interview came back to me this week, so I have interviews for the next two weeks. I also got word that my bio/writer's journey is going to be published on August 5 on Julie Hedlund's blog.

I was able to take my dummy to my SCBWI Illustrator's meeting and get good feedback there. I'm thinking about attending the writer's meeting next week. I may just bring a different manuscript to this meeting.

MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK

Continue to work on dummies and layout illustrations.
Write some articles for the SCBWI Bulletin.
Work on new black and white spot illustrations.
Send out interview questions. 


My goals aren't changing too much this week. I am going to try to write some articles for the Bulletin this week. I have been meaning to do so for a long time. I have ideas for several articles and I need to get them written down!

A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED

Just so very tired!

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK

Iron and a crazy kid.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP

Even though I'm getting changes suggested to me I think it's almost ready.

This year, your RSW hosts are Alison MillerKaty UppermanErin Funk, and Jamie Morrow. Please visit their blogs to help continue great events such as this!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have so many wonderful things going on! Except whatever the iron is. That doesn't sound fun.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete