Thursday, March 6, 2014

What's Up Wednesday... if That is Today's Real Name

I'm pretty disappointed in how most of today went. Okay, how most of today went between the time my son was supposed to go to bed and when he actually did go to sleep. I tried to get him to sleep starting at 8:30pm and he managed to hold out until 11:00pm. Pretty much ruined my night!


What I'm Reading
Still reading Julius Caesar Brown and the Green Gas Mystery by Ace Hansen. Having trouble finding time to read. I want to say I made a mistake in my last What's Up Wednesday. I meant it to say that I hadn't read much but I like it so far. The way it was typed was awkward and might make it seem like I didn't like the idea of the book at all (and I so do like it)!

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I made some progress on my paintings last week. Not as much as I would have liked, but that's always the case. I will be able to work on these paintings tomorrow while Peter is sleeping (working the night shift tonight :( ) and David is playing at a friend's house. I would love to get them done, but I'll take whatever I get.

I decided to join the Chapter Book Challenge this March. You can read about the challenge it in my last post here: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2014/03/chapter-book-challenge.html  I wasn't sure if I wanted to join. Last year I had written a few pages and quit because I had no time. I still have no time this year but I'm doing better so far. This is the story I will be turning into a YA novel: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2013/06/submission-for-female-superhero.html 

So apparently most YA novels are 50,000 words. I'm up to maybe 4000 words? I should be writing 2,000 words a day, but it's been much less for me (I started a couple days late). If I can get up to 40,000 words I'll be happy as a clam. It's just supposed to be a first draft, so if I can get the main idea across in the words I do write it will make it easier when I go to edit (in the year 2525). The thing that will give me a big boost is being able to type the story directly onto the computer. A lot of my writing is done in my head and on paper, but if I have an idea of where I want to go I can type it up far faster than writing it in my journal. Here's hoping this month's writing goes well.

Every Day Possible
-  Portfolio Work
- Writing my YA novel

Wed 03/05

- Post What's Up Wednesday Post - done on Thurdsay
- Being driven to insanity by two toddlers - CHECK

Thursday 02/06

- Have a wonderful day and hopefully finish my illustrations!


Friday 02/07

- Spending the morning with a friend and toddlers!
- Doing some serious stuff.

Saturday 03/08
-Not doing what I should be doing, but feeling okay about it.

Sunday 03/09

Interviews MUST GET DONE!

Monday 03/10

- Spending the day posing in different positions pondering prolific thoughts with my index finger pressed to my lips.

Tuesday 03/11

- Blog review - Don't forget this!

- Finding a replacement for the dance class!

Wednesday 03/12

- What's Up Wednesday! Post

What Inspires Me Right Now

Wait, I know this one. 

What Else I've Been Up To

Baby Minding 
Two nights in a row he's gone to bed past 11pm!

Ect.
Thinking about taking a spin or other exercise class at the local Community Center. 

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

No comments:

Post a Comment