What I'm Reading
Still reading Julius Caesar Brown and the Green Gas Mystery by Ace Hansen. Having trouble finding time to read. I want to say I made a mistake in my last What's Up Wednesday. I meant it to say that I hadn't read much but I like it so far. The way it was typed was awkward and might make it seem like I didn't like the idea of the book at all (and I so do like it)!
What I'm Writing/Drawing
I made some progress on my paintings last week. Not as much as I would have liked, but that's always the case. I will be able to work on these paintings tomorrow while Peter is sleeping (working the night shift tonight :( ) and David is playing at a friend's house. I would love to get them done, but I'll take whatever I get.
I decided to join the Chapter Book Challenge this March. You can read about the challenge it in my last post here: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2014/03/chapter-book-challenge.html I wasn't sure if I wanted to join. Last year I had written a few pages and quit because I had no time. I still have no time this year but I'm doing better so far. This is the story I will be turning into a YA novel: http://daniduckart.blogspot.ca/2013/06/submission-for-female-superhero.html
So apparently most YA novels are 50,000 words. I'm up to maybe 4000 words? I should be writing 2,000 words a day, but it's been much less for me (I started a couple days late). If I can get up to 40,000 words I'll be happy as a clam. It's just supposed to be a first draft, so if I can get the main idea across in the words I do write it will make it easier when I go to edit (in the year 2525). The thing that will give me a big boost is being able to type the story directly onto the computer. A lot of my writing is done in my head and on paper, but if I have an idea of where I want to go I can type it up far faster than writing it in my journal. Here's hoping this month's writing goes well.
Every Day Possible
- Portfolio Work
- Writing my YA novel
Wed 03/05
- Post What's Up Wednesday Post - done on Thurdsay
- Being driven to insanity by two toddlers - CHECK
Thursday 02/06
- Have a wonderful day and hopefully finish my illustrations!
Friday 02/07
- Spending the morning with a friend and toddlers!
- Doing some serious stuff.
Saturday 03/08
-Not doing what I should be doing, but feeling okay about it.
Sunday 03/09
Interviews MUST GET DONE!
Monday 03/10
- Spending the day posing in different positions pondering prolific thoughts with my index finger pressed to my lips.
Tuesday 03/11
- Blog review - Don't forget this!
- Finding a replacement for the dance class!
Wednesday 03/12
- What's Up Wednesday! Post
What Inspires Me Right Now
Wait, I know this one.
What Else I've Been Up To
Baby Minding
Two nights in a row he's gone to bed past 11pm!
Ect.
Thinking about taking a spin or other exercise class at the local Community Center.
*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. Funk, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.