I know, I know, I'm doing this post late. The contest started 4 days ago.
After you sign up once that's all you need to do to get all the blog posts in your email every year. The information that you find during this time will be invaluable to your writing career. Maybe you just want to take your time writing your chapter book, but want somewhere to go to get inspiration. You'll find it in droves thanks to Rebecca's blog.
Do you want to know the best thing that's come from the Chapter Book Challenge? The wonderful Facebook community that has grown from this event. There are so many great people in this community. They are all wonderful and nurturing. There are few environments where everyone seems to help out and work together. It is truly a wonderful group and I'm so happy to be a part of this community.
It should also be noted that this group comes out with several anthologies every year. These anthologies are getting more and more popular as more come out. My favorite (the first one where I submitted my writing) is the SuperHERo anthology. It's an anthology of short stories with strong female superhero role models. A portion of the proceeds from this book go to Because I am a Girl charity!
If you are going to write a chapter book the month of March is the best time to get started in my book. There is so much inspiration and support this month. I know it's a crazy amount of work, but it is so worth the effort. Just think: you'll get a manuscript you can submit to publishers (it may need a bit of editing, but still!) and with only a months work for the first draft! I hope you join me for the Chapter Book Challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.