Saturday, March 8, 2014

Darryl W. Funk Needs Your Help!


I'm having a bit of trouble getting interviews set up. Because of this interviews may not be a weekly thing on Fridays. Hopefully that changes soon! I'll try to have some other content set up for those weeks where I can't post an interview on Fridays.

I just found out that one of the great illustrators from my SCBWI chapter (Canada West) just lost his computer recently. It doesn't matter which area a person works in illustration because now they rely so heavily on computers. If you can please help him out and purchase one of his paintings at http://dwfunkfineart.wix.com/dwfunkfineart Also ask about commissions or prints while you're there!

I love Darryl's artwork because his style has developed from his love of comics. His strong lines and colour are both reminiscent of comics. I grew up on comics. When I was a kid I read X-Men, Fantastic Four, Power Pack, Amethyst and more! I think this has affected my work as well (To the point where I can't not outline in pen).

Like "Where the Wild Things Are"? You'll love this picture: http://dwfunkfineart.wix.com/dwfunkfineart#!Wild-Thing-Self-Portrait/zoom/c16xn/image12on He also has some great illustrations of "Frog and Toad" and "Winnie the Pooh"!

I hope you will check out Darryl's work and support his art!

1 comment:

  1. I too was a mad keen comic reader in my youth. Loved them and loved the art. I am fascinated by the growth of graphic novels and am a regular fan of one online. I want to try my hand at it some time. We have comics in common Dani :) I shall pop over to look at your friend's art.

    ReplyDelete