Wednesday, July 25, 2018

What Progress?

I was sick over the weekend so I wasn't able to post a Monday Coffee! 

What I'm Creating: 

Right now you probably know that I'm working on Smart Dummies. 

What you might not know is I'm taking a fantastic class this fall during Smart Dummies from the Children's Book Academy! http://www.childrensbookacademy.com/illustrating-childrens-books.html It sounds like the worst timing possible, but NO! I can WORK ON MY DUMMY WHILE TAKING THIS COURSE. That's the best thing ever.

I'm taking a class from the Children's Book Academy! I've seen many of their webinars but I finally I have the opportunity to take a class. 

I feel like there is an ebb and flow to being an artist. There are times when you need to be alone to reflect on what you've learned and just create. Other times you need to be taught and get feedback from professionals. I've been an artist for over 18 years. I just got over a period of reflection and I am so ready to learn lots!

I already have access to the mini courses that go along with the course and there is a lot of information to go over. I'm happy already seeing some information that I don't know offhand! I love the layout and I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to go over the material.

It is a flexible schedule for this course, but I'm going to do my best to get as much done in 5 weeks as I can. I hope I can attend all of the webinars live (webinars are always more fun that way.) 

What am I most excited about? The golden tickets! I think my art has gotten to a great level now, and I think having the opportunity for so many agents, editors, art directors to see my work is a HUGE incentive. 

I can't wait to get started. Soon I'll have the ebook and access to the Facebook Group. *GLEE*  You should join me. We'll get all this extra support in creating our dummies this year! 



Schedule:
I'm hoping to get the .pdf planner out to everyone either Friday or Monday. I just have a few changes left to make!

SMART DUMMIES starts in August this year with a Special PRE-EVENT! Don't miss it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.