Monday, July 9, 2018

Monday Coffee: Are You Ready For Smart Dummies?

Well are you? Personally, every year takes me by surprise! So it's been decided to do things differently this year.

What's new?

Well since the event takes everyone by surprise I've decided to run it in August! SURPRISE! 😂😂😂 Actually the main Smart Dummies event will be in September. However, there will be a month-long pre-event starting August 1st! This pre-event will help prepare you for creating a dummy in September. There will be a sign up for the pre-event so I know who is attending this event.

The pre-event will not have prizes, but it will help guide you through the planning process of a Dummy right up until the Thumbnails. For this Smart Dummies event a free downloadable .pdf guide will be available for you to print out and plan out your dummy.

What about the actual event?

I think the Smart Dummies' guide will go a long way in keeping people on track. The amount of guests will be cut down this year. I believe several people have told me that it's a lot of work reading the posts and keeping up with making a dummy. We are going to go with 12-15 carefully selected guests. This will cut the reading in half (at least) but still have a lot of great information.

There will be a post every Sunday explaining what you need to do for the rest of the week. If people are up for it I'd love to have a day where we share our work. One week maybe there would be a call for facial expressions, doodles of the week, character designs or even old work. Final dummy drafts and pictures will not be posted on the blog.

There may be more changes to come! I will let you know when and where they will happen.










Join me with your own Monday Coffee post! Monday Coffee is a joint effort between Dani Duck and Christy Illustrates!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I think I'm ready to commit this year. Bring it on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I need to commit to a deadline to get it done. Let's do this!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.