Friday, June 5, 2015

Interview with Vanessa Barger

Vanessa Barger is a paranormal writer for both Middle Grade and Young Adults. Vanessa has a fantastic personality and is hilarious. One look at her wedding photo and I was jealous! (Why didn't I think of doing that?)

Vanessa is the author of  many books including "Steaming," "Slack Tide," "Superfreak" and "Lock and Key". Vanessa's newest YA book "A Whispered Darkness" is available now. You can get your copy here!

Dani: Why write books on the paranormal for tweens and teens?

I think it's because there's a great mix between the fantastic and willingness to believe in fantastical things, and yet still being able to discuss serious topics. Everything is new and important to that age group, and I love being able to write from that perspective. The process of becoming who you are meant to be is fascinating.

Dani: What's the craziest thing you have ever written?

Craziest? Well, I have this villain who I love to pieces. I've written several passages of several things with him, and he's just pure evil, but suave and sophisticated and darkly funny. Usually the few friends who have read his sections love him, but give me weird looks afterwards.... He's just too fabulous a villain to live, but I haven't found the right place for him yet.

Dani: Finish these thoughts:

My biggest flaw... Being a perfectionist and too stubborn

My greatest achievement... Getting published and my book in a store! Books A million just picked up A WHISPERED DARKNESS in stores, and I'll admit, I cried. Finding my husband and getting married is tied up there with that!

I hate...broccoli. Seriously. It looks like trees. I'm not a beaver, I don't eat trees!


Dani: What's special about your work?

Vanessa: I'd like to think that everyone can find something in my writing to relate to, and that will allow them to be able to interact with the story differently than just reading on the surface. At least, that's the goal.

Dani: What is your ultimate goal in life?

To be happy. Being able to quit my day job and write full time would be pretty awesome too!

------

Follow Vanessa:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me! I enjoyed the interview!!!!

    ReplyDelete