Monday, June 23, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Week 3

I've remembered and forgot about this post at least a dozen times today. It's open on my laptop so I'm sure to finish it. I've got about 10 minutes now until I have to make supper!


HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS

My goals for last week:

Work on finishing up my current dummy & start on the illustrations. 
Get my portfolio website up and running. 
Send out lots of interview questions. 


Got exactly none of them done! I'm off to a great start. I wasn't able to send out any questions, but I've still got about 4 weeks of interviews lined up so that's good. Instead of working on my current dummy I did some work on a second dummy I want to have finished before I send out the first. It's always good to have a backup. Getting my portfolio website set up was a no go. I had a lot of trouble with getting used to using wordpress to set up a website... I've got it figured out so I think things should go better from now on.

I was able to get a few spot illustrations done and will be sending three of those out to the SCBWI bulletin soon. The fourth one I finished will be added to my portfolio soon.


MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK

Work on dummies and layout illustrations.
Send out and work on more spot illustrations.
Send out lots of interview questions. 

Set up my portfolio website.


A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED

Ink on paper. (Riveting I know!)


THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK

Trying to find time to do all the things. Seemed to be rather short on time this week. Hopefully next week will be better.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP

Still that my first is almost done, but that I have a second that I love. <3

1 comment:

  1. The good news about having a rough week is that usually a better one follows! Hopefully things will line up for you and you'll be able to get stuff done! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete