Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What's Up Wednesday!

The evil cold is not relinquishing it's grasp on me. My ear is bothering me right now as is my back. Been feeling pretty old these last few weeks! I'm hoping next week will be better. The What's Up Wednesday illustration on my blog right now is not mine, but I (along with the other What's Up Wednesday! peeps) have been given permission to use this on our blogs. There are a lot of these to choose from so I'm going to mix things up. Yes, I know I'm talking crazy talk here, but I just can't help myself.



What I'm Reading
Picked up the Authorised Graphic Biography of Anne Frank at a library book sale (along with several other books). It looks neat. I'm going to read it this week... hopefully! 










What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I'm almost done with my Tomie dePaola contest entry! Just need to add a little shading to the white parts of my painting. I had about four or five ideas (that I'll likely use for picture books or other portfolio work later) that just didn't pan out. The restrictions are rough, but it makes for a good challenge. I think I have a good chance, actually. Here's the award information if you want to read about this: http://www.scbwi.org/awards/tomie-depaola-award/

Every Day Possible
Back on the picture book wagon again! 

Wed 06/11
- What's Up Wednesday Post DONE!

Thursday 06/12
- They're only toddlers and can't kill me. They're only toddlers and can't kill me..
- Hopefully scanning my Tomie entry.

Friday 06/13
- Working on some illustrations.
- Interview with Sue Frye!

Saturday 06/14
- Celebrating Father's Day a day early!

Sunday 06/15
- Hopefully submitting the Tomie successfully!

Write down some interview questions

Monday 06/16
- Someone owes me chocolate on this day!

Tuesday 06/17

- Watching my son bust a move.

Wednesday 06/18

- What's Up Wednesday!

What Inspires Me Right Now
- Almost having my Tomie finished!

What Else I've Been Up To

Toddler Minding 
Sleep is a thing of the past.

Ect.
I hope I sleep well tonight!

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

No comments:

Post a Comment