Monday, June 30, 2014

Ready. Set. Write! Week 4

I did not achieve all my goals last week, but I feel as though I got a lot done. I always set my goals higher than I actually believe I can achieve. I might feel like I failed in getting everything done, but when I look at my actual achievements I'm usually pretty happy. My toddler is sleeping, I have a mug full of coffee, so let's get this "Ready. Set. Write!|" post written! Oh wait, let me refill my mug...



HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS

My goals for last week:

Work on dummies and layout illustrations.
Send out and work on more spot illustrations.
Send out lots of interview questions. 

Set up my portfolio website.

I thought I was at the point where I had my dummy all ready to go. I scanned in every page and opened them all to edit them. Problem was the pencil lines weren't dark enough, so I have to go over all the lines in pencil again. I'm almost done with this, though!

I wasn't able to work on on interview questions or my website. I did send out three illustrations to the SCBWI bulletin (The new one just came out, so I won't know if they will make it to the next issue until August). I also sent out a guest blog post for Julie Hedlund's 12x12! Fingers crossed that I get good response from both of these submissions.


MY GOAL(S) FOR THIS WEEK

Continue to work on dummies and layout illustrations.
Work on new spot illustrations.
Send out interview questions. 

Set up my portfolio website.


A FAVOURITE LINE FROM MY STORY OR ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED

Submissions ahoy!


THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK

Just the sheer amount of work that I need to get done. I'm working, but it is taking a lot of time! Hopefully I'll have lots of progress done for next week.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP

That the darkening of the lines, though brutal, aren't taking that long to do!

This year, your RSW hosts are Alison MillerKaty UppermanErin Funk, and Jamie Morrow. Please visit their blogs to help continue great events such as this!

3 comments:

  1. I know nothing about illustrating. It looks really fascinating. Can't wait to check out your blog in depth! Good luck on all the work you need to accomplish this week. I admire your attitude about darkening your lines. I probably would have whined about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fascinating! I'm not an illustrator, but I loved reading about your process. And good luck with all your submissions! I hope to see one of your illustrations in the Bulletin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your submissions and editing!

    ReplyDelete