This year I want people to be extra prepared for Smart Dummies. Last year I personally had problems finishing the event, because I didn't polish my story before starting. I'm posting the list of what you will need before the event starts early this year.
To win Smart Dummies you'll need a polished picture book dummy. Dummies run between 24-30 pages. Many agents/editors want more pages, so keep this in mind while working on your dummy.
Here is a quick list of what you'll need:
- Pencils/Mechanical Pencils
- Paper (Can be computer paper!)
- Erasers of all sorts
- Your polished manuscript (or strong ideas for a story if wordless)
- Access to a computer to see the posts
Things you might want to have:
- Drawing books & books on craft
- Character Designs
- Thumbnails (tiny drawings to outline your script)
- A critique group for feedback (Contact me if you would like to join a group)
- A scanner (camera) to share your work with your group
Smart Dummies 2016 Badges: