Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Picture Book Summit 2016!

Paul O. Zelinksy, Matt de la Peña and Jane Yolen Headline 2nd Annual Picture Book Summit!

October 1st, 2016


Ticket Sales End September 22nd!


I am sorry for writing this post late, but I couldn't let you miss out this year!

Maybe you've seen people talk about the Picture Book Summit. It seems like a fun event, but why would you join an online event?  The answer is because you will learn so much! 

I haven't been able to take part in the Picture Book Summit. How do I know it's good? Because I've learned so much over the years from Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis and Emma Walton Hamilton (I don't know Laura Backes as well, but if these ladies picked her I know she's great).

Personally I've learned so much invaluable information from the 12x12 Challenge, The Complete Picture Book Submission System, and the Brain Burps About Books podcast. In fact, what I've learned has saved me countless hours and dollars. I believe something I learned from the 12x12 saved me from losing over $3500 worth of work. That's just one instance. Is a few hundred dollars worth saving you thousands of dollars and your time? You tell me.

I highly, highly recommend you take this course. But what about Smart Dummies? You could do both. What you learn at the Picture Book Summit will apply to your artwork for Smart Dummies. This event will give you both inspiration and practical knowledge to create wonderful picture books. 

Check out http://picturebooksummit.com for more information!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I've been to some online events with some of the folks who are doing the summit. They are super at what they do and what they share. I would be there this year, as most folks who follow me know I do stuff like this, but funds are really tight this year, so I'm unable. But, if any of my children's book writing friends can afford it, they need to do this. And if you do, please let me know if you think you spent your money well. I will be shocked if I hear anything less than high praise.

    ReplyDelete