Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Teresa Robeson and Homestead Notes

Teresa Robeson is a fantastic artist and writer. Her blog, Homestead Notes, gives readers a look into her life both in and outside of her professional life. http://homesteadnotes.blogspot.ca/ Whether you are looking for a laugh, a good story or just want a warm fuzzy feeling go to Teresa's. WARNING: DO NOT READ ON AN EMPTY STOMACH! (It's just too yummy!)

Not many blogs have a lot (and in this case I do mean a lot) of writing. Teresa's blog is the opposite of most blogs, because she shares a lot of her writing. I think this is a great thing, because it leads to better stories and poetry in the end. In reading her work it's very evident why several magazine publishers have chosen her work for their magazines!

Teresa writes a lot, but she is also an artist and illustrator at heart. You can see a lot of her work featured on her blog and website: http://www.teresarobeson.com/ I love when she posts her doodle day drawings. Teresa is skilled in many different artistic mediums. Of these she seems to favor Pastel and Charcoal (Two mediums that I struggle with myself). I do hope to see her work in a picture book or cover of a novel soon!

Throughout her blog you will find videos of her talking about books. These are short and to the point, and so worth watching each and every one! I love that you can watch them in about a minute, but they are also so cozy. It's almost having a nice warm cup of cocoa... almost!

Other than her book talk: my most favorite part of Teresa's blogs is all the information about food. I love this, because outside of blogs about art, writing and books I love blogs about food the absolute best!  I am not kidding about the warning above. You will drool when you see the things she makes. She is a woman after my own heart, because she eats desserts (the healthy kind with oatmeal and stuff) for breakfast.

Anyone who visits Teresa's blog will find something they love. She has a timeless and fun personality and I love interacting with her on Facebook and Twitter. I love you guys, but I have to go. I need to bake a cake. Yes, a cake at midnight. How else will it be ready for breakfast?

Follow Teresa on:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeresaRobeson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.robeson

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/inwriter/

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me on your blog, Dani! I'm blushing now. ;)

    And I can't believe you baked a cake at midnight; you are a much more dedicated baker than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, this is a marvelous post about an awesome lady! Teresa is very talented, both in her writing and her baking! I am very honored to cal her my friend. Thank you so much for featuring her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super post about an awesome, intelligent and multi-talented woman. I always love visiting her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sylvia, you know you run circles around me in the talent and intelligence departments! xo

      Delete