Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What's Up Wednesday! I Wish I Stayed In Bed Edition


This has not been a great week for me. It's been hard for me to focus on things lately, and I haven't gotten much done. To make matters worse my husband, Peter, just had his Grandmother pass away last night. Needless to say I didn't get much art done today even though I had the day off. I spent time with my MIL (which was nice) and just a bit of time went to painting. I regret nothing, though. I was glad to get to spend time with her today. We spent time at the mall buying things for Peter's birthday party.


What I'm Reading

I haven't set up a new thing to read so I haven't been reading. I did, however, recently download this really cool game. The game is called LoneWolf and it's for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Plus. The reason I bring this game up is because the game is very story driven. The game itself is rated 9+ but age nine might be a bit young for this depending on your own personal rules. There is a bit of animated violence and I don't see blood, but that doesn't mean to throw your kids at this game! Check it out yourself and see what you think first for sure. This game is free this week and maybe beyond... there are four more chapters that you do have to buy.

Why do I bring this game up of all things? Well it's basically like reading a fantasy book. You have pages you have to flip and they have lovely "inked" drawings scattered throughout. These drawings are animated in areas, but rarely fully animated. There are full animation sequences when you go into battle, but the battles aren't excessive. The story is very immersive and written in the 2nd person. It reminds me of the choose your own adventure books with a few additions that make it that much more fun to read.

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I've made a decision about my blog this week. I know I change up things often here, so just prepare for another change! I'm going to combine my Interview and Blog Review days. I am not finding enough time to do both per week. I'm also sorely behind on sending out interviews (sorry about that!). What I need to do is take some time to focus my efforts so I can keep giving out good things on a weekly basis. This will also let me focus more time on actually working on illustrations and writing when I have time. 


Every Day Possible
-  Portfolio Work

Wed 04/09
- Post What's Up Wednesday Post - done
- Worked on Illustrations - just did a tiny bit today, but still progress!

Thursday 04/03
Hoping my headache goes away so the kids don't drive me insane. 

Friday 04/04

-Enjoying time with family.

Saturday 04/05

- Doing artwork.

Sunday 04/06

Send out interviews

Monday 04/07
-Finding a brain that's more focused than my last brain. They sell these on Craigslist, right?

Tuesday 04/08

- Blog review

- Insane toddler time outside... maybe without headaches.

Wednesday 04/12

- What's Up Wednesday!

What Inspires Me Right Now

My wonderful family.

What Else I've Been Up To

Toddler Minding 
My son is eating everything in site! He's three and ate a whole order of cheesy bread on his own & a glass of chocolate milk. His tummy hurt afterward and Daddy and I had to kiss it to make it better. I think a growth spurt will be taking place soon!

Ect.
Lost a bit of weight, but might have gained some back in the last few days... so maybe I broke even this week? Ha, ha!

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for you and your husband's loss. Hope this will be a better week for you.

    ReplyDelete