Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What's Up Wednesday! All the Things

David's oral surgery went fine. He now has a bit of bling in his mouth. There really wasn't much of a recovery time. He was back to normal within a couple of hours after. Preventative measures were taken and with any luck there will be no more cavities!

This week is already going better than last. I remembered to post a drawing, I did some artwork today and I have three interviews lined up for the next three weeks.

What I'm Reading
I've been paging through a few non-fiction books lately. These are the books I've leafed through lately:
Novelists Notebook by Laurie Henry, How to Write and Sell Greeting Cards, Bumper Stickers, T-Shirts and Other Fun Stuff by Molly Wigand, and Drawing Comics is Easy! (Except When It's Hard) by Alexa Kitchen. They all have their good points. I've yet to read any of these from cover to cover (though I really should). I'd highly recommend these to anyone working in these areas. There may be a bit of info that's outdated, but not enough to keep you from buying these books!

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I still can't believe I wasn't able to post anything much in the last couple of weeks. I'm really happy about the interviews coming up. Friday I will have Alison Hertz (Doodle Day) on my blog! I can't wait.. there are lots of great illustrations to go along with this!

I'm working again on my Pattern Pals Web Comic. I think I've completely let this slide in recent months, WELL NO MORE! Today I worked on getting some of the houses more detailed. I could technically start drawing now, but I'd rather have the environments down pat so there are fewer inconsistencies later on. 

The start of the day was collecting a bunch of pictures of whimsical houses on Pinterest. It's really given me some great ideas for my Pattern Pal's houses (though I think I did a great job of making my things original). Also I think this will be highly useful in the future:  http://www.pinterest.com/daniduckart/whimsical-architecture/  I made a board for whimsical furnature as well, but I only had 16 pins for that. (If you find more cool furniture let me know!)

Every Day Possible
-  Portfolio Work

Wed 04/16
- Post What's Up Wednesday Post - done
- Worked on Pattern Pals Webcomic

Thursday 04/17
- DEALING WITH INSANE TODDLERS

Friday 04/18

-Doing some artwork

Saturday 04/19
- Things and stuff

Sunday 04/20
- Craziness and artwork

Send out interviews

Monday 04/21
- 42

Tuesday 04/22

- Sunshine and lollipops!

Wednesday 04/23

- What's Up Wednesday!

What Inspires Me Right Now

Ice cream and cookies that I can't have right now. ARGH!

What Else I've Been Up To

Toddler Minding 
I was up all night with him. I think it's night terrors.

Ect.
NO CARBS MAKE DANI WANT TO SMASH!

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

No comments:

Post a Comment