Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What's Up Wednesday! Getting Back in Gear

It's been a bit of a sad week. Not much done all week, but I think it's a bit of a backlash from last week. Tomorrow David (my three year old) has to go in for oral surgery. It's just some cavities that need to get fixed. He has to go under because he's too young to do it any other way. It's a bit scary, but everything should be okay.

What I'm Reading
I've not been reading a lot. I did read a couple of books to my son yesterday. One... I think the title was "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More". It was a beautifully illustrated picture book. The kid in the book wasn't supposed to be painting because he made a huge mess. He gets into the paints... he compulsively needs to paint just a little... soon he ends up painting a lot!

There was also an easy reader that we found about Spider Man. As much as I'd like it to be more comic book like in the layout of the book, I think overall it was a decent book. The words flowed well (can not say that about the lego books) and the pictures were good. David kept saying "I like that!" which is a pretty good complement coming from him. The book held his attention the whole time I was reading the story.

What I'm Writing/Drawing 

I'm slowly getting back into gear. Last week was a wash, but this week there will be more posted. My husband has a three day weekend so I should be able to do some artwork!

Every Day Possible
-  Portfolio Work

Wed 04/16
- Post What's Up Wednesday Post - done
- Worked on Illustrations - just did a tiny bit today, but still progress!

Thursday 04/17
-Hoping David's surgery goes well.
-Working on my online comic with my husband.
-Working on Artwork and enjoying family. 

Friday 04/18

-Maybe finding an Easter Event with Family.
-Getting all the art things done.

Saturday 04/19
- Getting things done!
- Doing artwork.
- Easter Event with Family.

Sunday 04/20
- Loving Easter!
Send out interviews

Monday 04/21
- Insert activity here.

Tuesday 04/22

- Hoping for good weather so David and I can play outside!

Wednesday 04/23

- What's Up Wednesday!

What Inspires Me Right Now

Wonderful people who are helping or have helped me edit my current manuscript. Karen Konnerth, Rene Aubre, Robyn Campbell, and Cecilia Clark. Thank you! 

What Else I've Been Up To

Toddler Minding 
He has grown out of his size three outfits. Almost overnight too! Glad I've been telling people he needs size four! He was barely in size threes. 

Ect.
Not eating many carbs and feeling okay about it. Well I had some cake on Monday, but that doesn't count. It's birthday cake. I'm pretty sure all low carb books have birthday cake down as not counting.

*What's up Wednesday is part of Jamie Morrow's summer writing intensive: "Ready. Set. WRITE!" There are other host blogs including: Erin L. FunkAlison MillerKaty Upperman, and Elodie Nowodazkij.

No comments:

Post a Comment